1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, burning a quart of oil every 100 Miles!

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by abarone300, Nov 27, 2006.

1. abarone300

abarone300 New Member

Hi, I hope you'll be able to give some advice as to what might be wrong with my engine. Here is a bit of back ground;

'95 VTEC Del Sol. Recently installed a new timing belt, and though it ran fine after assembly, I noticed some puffs of white smoke when on acceleration, did not smoke when idling (note that it did not smoke before the belt change!)

After disassembling the head again, I installed new valve seals, but I am getting the same problem!(note that I had disassembled the head and replaced all the valves when I installed the belt).

Could the oil rings be my problem, and what could have caused this? Like I said the engine was not burning oil before I Installed the belt! Is there something I might have over looked when I reassembled the head?

When an engine burns oil as bad as mine, should it run normal, or should it effect its performance in a noticeable way?

Thank you for your help

2. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

Did you do a compression test? Not doubting you, but did you adjust the valves properly after changing them and the seals?

3. abarone300

abarone300 New Member

No, I'm sorry to say I didn't! Since it ran fine...

No, I'm sorry to say I didn't! Since it ran fine...

Should I not be able to tell if the compression is lower? The car runs just as good, if not better than before!

I will run the test though, that should tell if there's a problem with the rings, wright?

Can you give me some tips as far as adjustments, would these adjustments effect the oil burning I'm experiencing?

Thanks

4. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

If the valves arent properly adjusted it could possibly be dumping oil into the cylinder.

5. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

well..if you rebuilt the head, but not the bottom end.. you may have bad rings.. it happened to me in my CRX..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted