Help !! Can i delete my heater core ? Its leaking INSIDE my car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EvoIX4me

Ok well i got my new Hasport mount kit installed yesterday on my EG with a Type-r and they fit like a glove. They hold the motor in very well and it does not move at all now !!!

But while i was installing the rear mount i had to disconnect the heater core hose from that nipple that comes off the rear fire-wall under the intake manifold , While doing this i must have broke something loose inside the car . When i started it up i noticed coolant on my passenger side floor :confused: ( car is gutted ) so im sure i broke something . Can i just bypass the heater and run a loop from one end of the motor to the other ? Or will the car heat up ? Since its summer i can live without a heater for now

You can bypass the heater without any problems. Take the 2 hoses that go into the firewall from the engine and loop them together.

You can bypass the heater without any problems. Take the 2 hoses that go into the firewall from the engine and loop them together.

Coming from someone with over 7,000 posts im sure you are a honda guru thanks man i will fix it and drive it to see it everything is OK :)

No problem. Since you're going to lose your heater function anyways, and I'm guessing that you probably aren't running A/C, you can go ahead and pull all the AC/heater components from under your dash, and save a good bit of weight. I'm going to do the exact same thing to my CRX as soon as I get the motivation...lol

No problem. Since you're going to lose your heater function anyways, and I'm guessing that you probably aren't running A/C, you can go ahead and pull all the AC/heater components from under your dash, and save a good bit of weight. I'm going to do the exact same thing to my CRX as soon as I get the motivation...lol

I just deleted the heater core and looped the hoses :cool: Thanks it works perfect and engine runs great. Once i get some motivation i will delete those other components you are talking about . Time to hit the track up !!!

Yea you shouldn't have any problem getting all the shit out from under the dash. We did it to my friends crx a while back and it didn't really take all that much work, but saved a good bit of weight

I did it in one of my other civics I had, youll be amazed at how much crap is under there that can come out.

lol, we recently ADDED AC to a crx. i wouldnt be surprised at all....I AM surprised that it all fits under the dash...thats the crazy thing.

as for wil having 7,000 posts and knowing what hes talking about....he just got lucky. hes almost as big of a post whore as i am.....wait...nm :ph34r:

Yeah, post count really means nothing. There are quite a few people on this board with a TON of posts, but that have absolutely no clue what they're talking about.

Wil does know what's going on though.

Yeah, post count really means nothing. There are quite a few people on this board with a TON of posts, but that have absolutely no clue what they're talking about.

I wonder who those people might be :ph34r:

Back