HELP!! Can you use LS wiring Harness on JDM B16????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CAFROG

Honda Minion
VIP
I have asked around and it seems like I can use my LS motor wiring (in a 92 EG si hatch) for my B16 swap. All I have to do is run the VTEC wiring and knock sensor to the plugs. I have some spare pin for the plugs (from junkyard) so I can make it look clean but not sure if its ok.

The reason i want to do this is b/c my JDM B16 is reverse wired and is a pain to shorten/lengthen wires. It seems easier to use the LS wiring and just run VTEC wiring too.

Please let me know your opinion and if you think it'll work.

I only have my LS wiring harness and the JDM B16 harness.

The JDM harness is like working with a rat's nest and will be really time consuming. Mike Laskey (Laskey Racing) confirmed that I could use the LS harness.

Now in terms of the extra wiring....this is what I know

VTEC Solenoid (What is the color? Is it left of the head and towards the front?)

VTEC Oil Pressure Sensor (Behind the VTEC Solenoid?)

Knock Sensor (Under the intake manifold red/blue wire)

VTEC Oil Pressure Ground (to the tranny?)

Mike didn't think I needed to worry about the Secondary Intake Solenoid on a B16.....any confirmation or denial?

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP THUS FAR

HONDA BABY!!!

Wish I had the D16 VTEC wiring still.....it would make this all easier with a few extensions and a knock sensor....thanks eg6sir

Good Idea! If I do that....do I have to "extend" the VTEC wiring still?? I understand the knock sensor wiring but could you fill me in with the VTEC wiring part?

thanks eg6sir

well, the vtec solenoid on a d-series is on the firewall side of the head.. so you'll need to extend teh wiring so the plug can reach the front side of the head

Well that seems easier then taking pins out of an old wiring harness ( I took from a local junkyard....which the place was a joke for Honda enthusiasts). So I would only need to run the knock sensor and extend the ONE wire? Sweet

The ONE wire I meant was the VTEC Solenoid wire....

The other VTEC wires are all good?

not exactly sure on that one.. i've never had to do it.. i bought my hatch with it already done

Well I'll call a few places tomorrow and see if I can find one in a 50 mile radius. Your hatch has the d series harness and b16 now? Makes sense that it would work and I'd like to try it so I can sell my LS swap as whole. figure I can get $1000 for it all (94 OBD1 with less then 90K on it)

i should say my old hatch.. it was stolen and stripped.. but yea.. though not all 92-95 civics had the vtec wiring SI, VX, EX do

Sweet! I hope I can find one and its relatively cheap. Yes....I agree about it needing to be VTEC. VX too? Is that okay even though it was a 1.5 VTEC? I am going to look for si or ex harness but if I have to....you say vx is good too?

it has the vtec wires, so yes.. its all good.. my hatch was a vx.. be sure to grab the harness that comes through the firewall..

Greasball
My car was already wired for VTEZC. Just needed thew harness. Pulled the LS motor Friday night and put the B16 in Saturday afternoon. That D16Z6 harness worked like a charm. I had to extend the O2 sensor wires and the two VTEC clips for the solenoid and oil pressure. I used the JDM wiring for the knock sensor (grounded it next to the thermostat and ran the line to the ECU to the engine harness clip on the Passenger shock tower). It was difficult to get the pin I had into the ECU (b/c it was too big and incorrect for the ECU plug) but I got it to work with some massaging of the plastic. I also had to make a bracket for the MAP sensor (JDM is mounted to the firewall). But everything else went smoothly for the swap. No CEL's or anything.

Back