help!!! car is not starting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kupo599

Hi I have a 94 Honda Civic Coupe. Its got a 94 LS swap in it. three weeks ago it just stopped working. The engine cranks over but it just doesnt get that last spark to turn on. I think its not getting any gas but I dont know. My check engine light is not on. My ignition systems seems fine. I do have MSD ( the old version). When I put my key to the "on" position (where all the lights light up on my dash) I cannot hear the fuel pump go on. I took my car to a shop and they cant figure it out. They just tell me that the fuel pump is not getting a signal. Thats why theres a new fuel relay installed. I also installed a new fuel filter. I was wondering if anyone can offer any advice to what is wrong? The tech did say something about changing my PCM thinging, whatever that is, but its going to be costly and may not be the problem.

Main relay? Or is that the fuel relay you're talking about that got replaced?

Have you checked to make absolutely sure that your pump is still good?

Calesta said:
Main relay? Or is that the fuel relay you're talking about that got replaced?

Have you checked to make absolutely sure that your pump is still good?

its the relay underneath the steering wheel by all the other fuses. How can my pump be bad if its not getting a signal. unless its an integra fuel pump huh? i dont even know if its a civic or an integra fuel pump

integra/civic fuel pumps are the same thing for the most part... swapping to one would be pointless.

grab a helms manual and run the test on the fuel pump.

helmsinc.com

actually i've had just about the same thing happen...it was my ecu...but...make sure to check everything else first

jdmgsrteg said:
actually i've had just about the same thing happen...it was my ecu...but...make sure to check everything else first

i was wondering if i use a GSR ecu would that work or would i have to use an LS ecu? is there anyway i can test the ECU at a local store?

Back