Help!!!!!!! Car won't hold idle...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ovcrash

Hi,

i have a little problem...my car doesn't start well, i have to give him gaz to start it. when it starts up..it doesn't hold idle, i have to keep giving it gaz so it stay's fired up...?? If i let go of the gaz to let it sit on idle, it just shut down..

anyone could help??

Thats happening with my motor. Im gonna change the IACV and let you know how that goes.

Is your motor throwing any codes?

Throttle cable maybe?
I had mine adjusted wrong and it wouldn't hold idle.
This may seem a little rediculous but you never know, check the easy cheap things first.

Well, the ECU doesn't trow any code. nothing.
At high RPM the car runs fine.

I thing that my timing belt, jumped a little, and it un-timed (sp?) the motor, so it's why it's going all wrong..i will check more tomorrow and will let you know.

try adjusting the throttle screw sounds stupid but happened to my car not to long ago.

all so see if you fuel system a little clogged (fuel filter-injectors-pump). My fuel pump got clogged and it would nt hold idle.

Well i check compression on the motor, and cylinder 1 and 2 had 0 compression but cylinder 3 and 4 had perfect compression. But the head gasket isn't broken or anything. Could it be that the Valves in cyn. 1 and 2 are not ajust properly or broken??

Back