help, car won't start after 8 months

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liquin

well actually, the car stopped running around sept. last year and I just have got around to trying to fix it. The car is a 90 CRX bone stock and it just died while driving.

What I have done to it so far:

checked timing belt-OK

checked for fuel at fuel filter presure releif-fuel came out but not shooting, asuming fuel pressure ok? - tried starting fluid just to see if it would fire and it diddnt.

checked for spark and found that the cap where it goes into the coil was completley
burnt off and could not find any pieces of it when I took off the cap. so then I replaced the cap with the one off my B16 (just had to cut out a little notch out of the cap) and checked for spark and I had it.

just two weeks before this car stopped running I did a general tuneup- cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, oil, and topped off the transmission.

What do you think is the problem? maybe the timing belt jumped a few teeth? I am at a loss.

thanks, Liquin

I've got the same problem. Mine will turn over, but it will not fire up.

BUY A NEW DISTRIBUTOR, That is probably it, I had the same problem with my LS motor, Got the new Distributor and VROOM VROOM VROOM, Started Right Up.

vroom vroom vroom eh?

Well instead of buying new distributor, did you get any CEL's. If you did what were they? Kind of redundant but, are you getting fuel and spark?

Damn dude, I think you are stalking me or something, Some sort of perverted obsession you must have there Spoda. Everytime i post something on this site, You are right there to Say something really pointless and gay. Once again, Like i said in many other posts, GET A GRIP ON REALITY DUDE, Is Hondaswap.com your life dude???? I can refer you to a psychiatrist that helps internet Junkies. Let me know, Ill give you the number if you need it.

My old dx motor always had one heck of a time starting after sitting for 5 days or more, I had to sit there and crank it while holding the gas in a little for sometimes 10 mins or more, but I never knew why it did that, other than that it ran like the american dream.

Originally posted by tlb1127@May 24 2004, 04:32 PM
Damn dude, I think you are stalking me or something, Some sort of perverted obsession you must have there Spoda. Everytime i post something on this site, You are right there to Say something really pointless and gay. Once again, Like i said in many other posts, GET A GRIP ON REALITY DUDE, Is Hondaswap.com your life dude???? I can refer you to a psychiatrist that helps internet Junkies. Let me know, Ill give you the number if you need it.

lol. Thats the funniest post I seen all day... Thats almost quoteable.

If he has spark, why would he need a new distributor. Check simple things like fueses and grounds. How are you checking for spark? Just grounding them with some kind of metal, or are you actually pulling the plugs and checking them that way? Also when you pull them out, check to see if they smell like gas. If you have been trying, if they don't smell like gas, then gas is your problem.

Back