HELP! car wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so i got a 92 cx hatch w/ a b20vtec, and the other day i went to check the plugs and i ripped a boot, so i put on a boot from a single cam and then i started it but the wire popped off from the distributor and the car died, so i went and bought new plug wires and tried starting the car and it turns over but thats it, so i went and bought a new distributor and put that on and the same thing happened, i know its getting fuel because i took the plugs out and they had gas on them, i checked all plugs and fuses to the car and everything checks out to be fine, a friend thought that maybe the timing belt jumped forward and threw off the timing, but idk
help on ideas please

you can buy a spark tester, is the best way,,and after you try that take the cover off to check the belt

well there just like 3 dollars, but you can get a friend to turn the car over wile you have a screw driver down in the plug wire and just hold it close to metal to see if spark jumps from it.but be careful or it will knock the hell out of you lol,

you screwed up the ignition wire order, i guarantee it. find a diagram of the proper ignition wiring and it will start up fine.

oh yeah and the firing order is right, also i took an old plug wire and pulled back the boot and got it about a 1/4" away from my strut and had my buddy turn it over and it didnt spark

You can also do that...if you have an extra dizzy....I dont know how much it is for one, but replacing the coil is pretty easy....up to you....

check he distributor. mine did that before because a wore came off while it was running. cost me 70 bucks to fix. there was a little part in the distributor.

alright so heres the deal, i couldnt get the damn rotor off, i got the screw out, then snaped the damn thing in half trying to pull it off, ITS STILL ON, so i put some wd-40 in the little hole and still no luck........but heres the good news. i found a distributor on e-bay for $60! so yeah it should get here by mid-next week and ill be ready to roll:D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah mine was tight like that. It took some wiggling to get it off, but it came off. Good find on Ebay. I just paid $278.00 bucks for a brand new dizzy. I just don't trust Ebay no more...

yeah, ive actually never even bought anything from e-bay. but the distributor is used, from an individual w/ 100% positive feedback, its not the ones where there is 5million distributors for sale from one person

Back