1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help, car won't start

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by lswhitecivic, Apr 4, 2004.

1. lswhitecivic

lswhitecivic Senior Member

So last night i get home from a friends house and everything was running smooth on my car. This morning i go outside to start it and it won't start. If i push in the brake pedal the dome light turns off and when i just stick the key in the ignition my car has power gauge lights turn on and dome light is on(if i dont push in the brake pedal) however when i get to the point of turning the key to where the radio turns on just before i start it the domelight gets really dim and when i try to start it it acts like the battery is dead. The car is a 93 cx with a stock b18b swap. I was thinking about trying to do a rolling start and see if i can get it started that way.

Thanks for any help

Ben

2. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

check the following:

All Grounds
    Battery connection
    Alternator (on your way home did the battery light come on)

3. lswhitecivic

No none of the gauge lights came on while i was driving home. One of the battery terminals was a little bit loose but even after tightning it the same problems are still there.

4. lswhitecivic

Well i just jumped the car and got it started, after i got it started it never died and seemed to be running fine. but after about 15 minutes i came back home and shut it off then went to start it and it was doing the same thing. Can a battery just die overnight? Its not even a year old.

Thanks for your help

Ben

5. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Ok, check ALL the grounds, other than the battery ground and ground strap on top of hte engine, there is one down by the starter. Along with the ground that runs from the tranny to the frame. Check those. Check all your wiring. You haev a short somewhere, check to make sure hte stereo is wired correctly. I put a stereo in my Altima and wired the dimmer switch up, it ended up blowing the fuse to my tail lights and turn signals. So just check that.

6. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

coudl just be a bad battery.

7. lswhitecivic

I think it is the battery. The really weird thing is that i had 2000 integra that was a theft recovery, fixed it up and the day i went to sell it the battery did the same thing. Had to replace the battery so i could go meet the guy who was buying it. Then the next week the battery went out on my brothers 2000 Wrangler. And now this happened this week. It just seems like more than a coincidence, you know.

8. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

push start that biiaaaaaaaaaaaaatch........ :)

9. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

10. LudeBoy

LudeBoy Slave to the EF

While researching my own no start problems I found that there is a faulty glove box light that likes to stay on and drain your battery. Unfortunatly that wasnt my problem!

11. Arachnid

Arachnid Senior Member

you seem like a person with battery issues. lol maybe it's where you live. maybe some extraordinary alien invasion in your home. or could just be that you forget about your headlights when you go home. maybe something is draining your battery. i say check if any lights or anything electrical stay on when engine is off. night time has the best visuals.

12. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

definatly aliens

13. BlackFrog

BlackFrog Neighborhood Lush

dont buy a solar/hybrid car, you'll be doomed for sure.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted