Help car wont start.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brc80

Ok guys ive had this problem for a while now, and its just getting worse now. My car seems to have a mind of its own. It starts only when it wants to. It used to just happen once in awhile, then it started to happen if i parked in the sun. Now it does it all the time. Ill go out in the morning and if it starts its good all day. but some times it just wont start. Ive changed my plugs, it turns over really strong but still wont fire. Any help would be good.

Thanks

Edit:
Car is a 90 teg with an ob0 b16

Makes sense becuase at night it would start after it cooled down outside. But now it wont go at all. Could that still be the relay?

oh yes...

they generally act up when its hot + humid every now and then
then they start acting up all the time when its hot
then they start acting up whenever
then the car just doesn't start, period.

Easy repair if you're handy with a soldering iron :)

the same exact thing happened to me. And i had to replace my engine coolant temperature sensor. And my timing was also off by alot. I thought it was my dizzy and i replaced it but my distributor wasnt the problem. So if i were you i would check out my timing and my engine coolant temperature sensor(ect). Mine was underneath my distributor on the block but i am not sure where is on b-series motors.

engine coolant temperature sensor-30 bucks and 2 minutes of work
timing belt (autozone brand)-27 dollars and 3 hours of work

Back