HELP, choosing cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turboteg117

PartsGuy
Hey guys whats up? I need some held deciding on what cams and clutch to get for my 97 teg, I will just give you a lil' heads up of what I got ( LS/Vtec Turbo, head has supertech valves and skunk2 valvesprings and retainters, it has a stage3 port and polish and 3 angle valve job, it was takin to the machine shop first to get the ordinary procedure done.. milled, cleaned, resurfaced. My block has been also cleaned, milled, resurfaced, honed and bored to 2.0 it has Eagle rods(Eagle crank) Cp pistons 9.2-1comp, apr rods and bearings. My intake manifold was cut open and bored out ALOT and I have a JG throttle body 68mm, Aem fuel rail, Aem fuel regulator, precision 660cc injectors, walbro 255bhl fuel pump. Turbo kit was pieced together I have a ERL manifold, custom Garrett turbo, Tial 38 wastegate, Precision 350rated intercooler. tuned with hondata s200.

Thats basically it.. I know I have to be forgetting somethings so just let me know if you have any questions. But I was want some opions, Thanks for your Help it will be much appriecated.

-Shane

don't waste your money. get some stock gsr cams. use your turbo.

gsr cams make 600 whp all the time.

yea i'd say just do the gsr cams, i've heard they work like a charm

GSR's FTW!... like B said, GSR cams have been used in 600hp motors... IMO Type R's already have too much overlap for boost.

you must have not seen spec on new turbo cams from real race companies. fullrace geoff said himself to use blox stg 2's. ever seen dynos with ls motors running 404's? lots of power are made with very big lift cams. if you looking to make a lot of power get up graded cams, you already have upgraded valvetrain.

erebuncrx- it has just been bored 81.5 to be exact. no sleeves, i just wanted a street car, not strip.. so..
and not to sound like a dumbass but I didn't know you could use gsr cams is a b16 head? .. but I guess you learn something new everyday.

Back