Help: Clicking while Turning on B16A/LSD in LS Teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

is additive temporary or does it fix it? i would think if there is a problem it would just delay it but maybe its not lubed well enough i guess

The additive fixes it. You have to have it in order for the clutch LSD to work properly. It's not something you add to solve a problem like engne restore, fuel injector cleaner etc... you add it to the transmission every time you change the transmission fluid.

I agree with calesta, if it was the axles it would not go away if it was out of gear, it would always click when you turn, i had experienced the same exact problem when i did a swap on a 93 hatch , put in the LSD additive and it fixed the problem.

If it is the axles which i think it is if you are not in gear the clicking sound will go away because you are no longer making the axles turn. I would say change the axles and the problem should be gone. If you do try to find them at the junkyard make sure the cv boots are not beginning to dryrot at all. bend the axle at the boot and look between the ripples and see if cracks are beginning to develop. If they are dont buy the axle cause you could be doing the same thing all over again in a month or two.

Right there turning, but the transmission is not forcing the axles to turn, that was what i meant. I dont know much about lsd so it could be that. But i would say that changing tranny fluid is easier than changing an axle, so try that first. But from experience i know that if you are turning in gear and the axles are clicking and you push in the clutch or in neutral the clicking stops. :)

Back