HELP! clutch and flywheel issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evilgsr

just had a fidanza flywheel installed on the gsr and after driving it i really couldnt tell much of a difference between it and the stock one i assumed that with a lightened flywheel you would feel a dramatic difference in the way the car reved and i was told i wouldnt be able to drive it easily and it feels exactly the same as the stock one.... i also had a centerforce clutch installed and its making a scraping/spinning sound when i give it throttle i was told its the throwout bearing seating itself ugh i dont know what to think if someone could set me straight itd be much appreciated

i have a clutch master 8.5 lb flywheel on my car and it revs fast as heck (act clutch). when i shift real fast the rpm goes up .4 of an rpm thingy, and then, it goes down. how heavy is your light weight? when i tap the gas my rpms shoot up way faster than my stock and it drops way faster (which is supposed to happen) see if yours does the same.

Originally posted by Arachnid@May 11 2004, 10:22 AM
i have a clutch master 8.5 lb flywheel on my car and it revs fast as heck (act clutch). when i shift real fast the rpm goes up .4 of an rpm thingy, and then, it goes down. how heavy is your light weight? when i tap the gas my rpms shoot up way faster than my stock and it drops way faster (which is supposed to happen) see if yours does the same.

:withstupid: yea you can def. feel a differnce...

drivetrain is nothing you should guess at...go take it somewhere

well after driving it all day the noise went away and i can tell a difference with the flywheel (especially after 4500 rpms) so i suppose everything is ok keep my fingers crossed that the stock throw out bearing holds it didnt show any signs of damage however

Back