help compression test questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97hatchdx

ok so my..

cyl1 - 130
cyl2 - 0
cyl 3 - 180
cyl 4 - 180

so after seeing that i took a cap of oil and poured it down the spark plug tube [aka wet test] and it still was at 0 compression.

so does that mean its the headgasket or cylinder head? idk what to do from here :(

Wow, a 0??

I'd bet you completely dropped a valve and smashed a hole in your piston.

Even a blown head gasket would show 90s.

Its going to be blindingly obvious with 0 compression. There is some serious damage in there.

so im going to try and swap the y8 head back onto the y8 block. this head may have gone bad when the rod snapped but i thought it looked perfect.

but this y8 head had the same problem this y7 one has. the damn tapping noise. not near as bad as it is now, but my friend said it sounds like a lifter, altho these civics dont have lifters, so anyone got any ideas?

You show the compression test numbers, then you mention you put a different head on the motor before. I am trying to follow what you are doing. What happened in the first place??? Befroe you checked compression did you change the head, Why? Did you bend all the valves? Please slow down and be complete, then we might be able to help you out better.

OK, I just read your other question thread's regarding the fuse for the fuel that you fixed and found that you did something to the timing. Ok, I think you got the timing wrong on your car. If the car was running before and now it shows that bad of compression the timing could be what is wrong.

well the head was donated from a blown rod block. and the rod that snapped is also the bad cylinder with no compression. so the valves were prolly smacked by the piston.

picture for you too :D

0603081801.jpg

kaboom rod thru the block

I had one do this to me about a year ago, the head was fine. No damage to the vavles and it still ran with the oil gushing out of the hole, unbelievable! That is why I sell Honda's!

Back