Help!! Crx in limp mode after swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jac_smk

I have a 89 crx dx, swapped my old motor with a friend that had a sohc zc and used his harness and just did the work at the ecu with the de-pinning and moving the wires around, im 100% sure the wires inside are right. The tps wires have been swapped like is called for, but it ran fine in his car but is in limp mode in mine and wont rev much higher than 2k. the computer is flashing code 7 and 14, tps and eacv. which i have not even unplugged anything. just left the harness on the motor when i took it out of the other car. just ran the wires to the ecu for the injectors and for the crank sensor or cam sensor, whichever one it is. Can anyone help me out? tired of looking at it sit in the driveway, im ready to drive it, any suggestions would be great! thanks

well make sure that the TPS is even good..and im unsure what an eacv is..might need cleaning though

Im pretty sure the tps is good, it was good 2 days before i put it in my car cause it was running fine in my friends car. i think the eacv is pretty much the same thing as an idle air control valve. How would i check the tps to see if its good tho?

swick the pins on your tps if your car was a dpfi car to begin with it is backwords from the way mpfi should wire

yeah that has already been done. i swapped the two wires around on the tps. this is what we did, my friend has a 91 civic hatch, i did the dpfi to mpfi swap to his car about 3 years ago, has been running fine with no problems. so i left his harness on the motor when we took it out and just plugged it up on mine at the strut towers. so i figured it would work like that, all i had to do to mine is the work at the ecu. Just confused why its doing this

ok ill do that when i get off work tomorrow and hopefully it will tell me something,thanks

Ok..i did the ohm test a minute ago and everything is good, so i dont know what is going on with this pos.

check your map sensor and all the hoses going to the troter body...
in the back of the intake is a connector color green make sure is conected....
check your GROUNDS 2 in the harness one in the cover valve....

Back