HELP D16Z6 problems.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Clutch502

ok my friend just recently swap a Z6 in to his hatch.....but its having problems. frist we thought it was the ECU.....not the problem. then we tried the TPS, still the same.

Heres what its doing, when you hold it steady at about 1400-2500 it wants to stall. and jerks really hard. Any suggestions on what to do?

i had the same problem out of a 93 integra changed out the distributor and fixed it. also i beleive the car is throwin codes 2 & 5.... not for sure but we need to check again.

Thanks

code 5 i believe is the map sensor. is that hooked up? is the red tube coming out of the firewall. hook that to the throttle body. code 2 is a faulty ecu but you said thats not the problem so im sure about that. is the timing right?

thanks ill try to re time it and if it dont work, i dont know what to do with it. i know the car should be runnin a P28 ecu, but its being ran by a PM6. no its not runnin VTEC. my buddy is talkin about chippin the ECU and runnin everything that way.

I would suggest buying a p28. do it right.

also double check your plugs. make SURE the map sensor is off the firewall and on the TB.(it's the plug with the red, white and green wires). Also check your o2 sensor.

I would suggest doing it the easy/right way by buying a P28 and a Boomslang conversion harness. That way you don't have to worry about ghetto-wiring your vtec and o2 sensor wires.

well my buddy is kinda on a tight budget. the swap is real clean it just needs some minor shit done to it. i believe he plans on boosting it but im not sure. any suggestions?

Once again, an obd1 ecu is better for tuning, so when/if he goes boost, he WILL need to tune it.
Tell him to just do it right... P28 and a Boomslang harness. It should only be about $200 total. (no more than $80 for ECU. Harness is $115 from boomslang)

or you wanna save some $$$ buy a p06 ecu, convert it to vtec, chip it to run like a p28 and build your own conversion harness. That's the way I did it and I think I spent under $100. All the information is out there to make the harness and how to chip the ecu you'll just have to invest som time in reading up on it.

thats a very big task for a new person though.
spending an extra $15 on a pre-made conversino harness including vtec and o2 sensor pre soldered, professionally done, heat-shrink wrapped.... it just so much easier.

Back