help! d16z6 swap into 91 civic hatchback

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanks guys..u r the shit ....without this site i would be so screwed

back to the ecu, harness thing tho...... i got it from rywire it is the obd0-obd1 ecu conversion harness for $104.00 (if u want to look at it) and i didnt have it backwards because only one side will plug into the ecu....the side with the 3 grey plugs goes into the ecu...i know this because two of them plug in (the larger two) .....there is no spot for the third one. do you think i got the wrong ecu or something??

well i just checked the number on my ecu and im really pissed......it says P76 not p28 is this because its jdm or something?? fyi... the engine and ecu are jdm

i just changed my rear drum brakes and now i get significantly less back pressure from my brake pedal.....i checked for leaks and im good in that department...what do y'all think???

i have the new engine in and got a problem....i am gonna just splice the wires to make the obd1 dizzy work with my factory obd0 dizzy plug but the obd0 plug only has 5 wires and the new dizzy has 7 i am missin the blue with green stripe and the blue with yellow stripe.... what do i do????

and how do i do that dude?? i saw the dude with the little yellow bus's thread and tried to follow it, and then i tried to follow rywire's directions on doin it. but my problem is that i have 5 wires and the dizzy has 7

thats me =)

I would recommend just buying a adapter from Rywire. Talk to him on here, his name is Nikozai.

That way you don't have to worry about anything. (aka, do it right)

GL bro!

hey. big problem, just finished puttin it back together and it starts but it is a very lumpy ilde and intake is loud?! what is goin on??

i dont no y or how u would bleed the coolant but i will look into that. i will check those sensors but i should have also told y'all that it is lumpy at idle and when i hit the gas, i havent reved it passed 3 grand because its sputtery. and i know that an aftermarket intake is supposed to be loud, its the one of my old d15b and it never made such a weird loud sound at idle, when i give it gas is when it gets quiet. ill check for vaccum leaks to.

you tell me
Why are you being so stupid?
In more than one of your posts, they are completely random, and have no meaning what-so-ever.

Whats the deal?

Anyway...
To bleed coolant, just start up the car and take off the rad. cap for a couple minutes until the bubbles subside. Then pop the cap back on and see if that does the trick.

Sometimes if theres a lot of air in the coolant system, you will throw water temp codes and won't idle right(if at all). Thats what happened to Abel (Taco15)'s ls/v when we did the swap a couple weeks ago.

post pics so we could see if its the right conversion harness

thanks blanco. i didnt know it could be as much as 40 minutes, i only did it for bout 10 if that. i am also gonna check the timing, and i am positive it is the right conversion harness because i already ran into that problem and called the guys at rywire (thanks andrew) and i just sent them my old harness and they sent it back ready to plug right in.....def worth the money.

It's always easier with the right stuff. :)

Glad to hear it

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum as well, and contemplating this swap for my 90 Si hatch w/ 190k on it... a couple of questions (to the thread-starter)

How much has the project set you back thus far?

How much time did it take (after everything was there) to get it in and running?

1-10, how difficult was the overall swap?

Now, for the seasoned hondaswap veterans:

My alltrac is down (being built), and I need a swap that after I amass all of the parts, and get my prep done beforehand, I can bust the swap out in a weekend. Is this possible? This is my only running car, so I definately don't want it to be down forever. Also, I plan on boosting it, so do you guys have any tips on turbo kits/boost levels/etc. on this engine swap? I'm a delivery driver, so it'd HAVE to be COMPLETELY reliable (as my D16a6 is right now).

Didn't mean to threadjack, I just figured instead of making another thread, we could combine input in this one to save time and space. Thanks for taking the time to read this,

-Joel

^ I'd just go ahead and start your own thread.
It just makes life simpler and you don't jack his thread. it's easier to go to your single post than it is to go to Pg. 3 on this [random] post.

Back