Help deciding about my next car

Which would you prefer?

• Japenese 4 door, FR, I6, TT

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • American Convertible, FR, V8, Blower

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That one has a 2JZGTE in it. Twin turbo inline 6 most of us know to be found in a Supra. In Japan it also came stock in the GS(Toyota Aristo). And I'm leaning even more away from the Mustang. While I enjoy a convertible on the Turnpike everyday, the Mustang doesn't even handle like my Integra doing 70+mph. Nothing serious either, if I got on it I think I would dislike it even more.
Upgrade the suspension a little.

Ding Ding Ding. Well basically. GS 300 with a 2JZGTE swap. It's a straight swap. Well sort of. Bolts right up but the wiring needs a little work. Black on black leather with some deep-ish dish black rims. But I would never drive that into Jersey City every day. It was the definite next choice until my car crapped out and I've been driving a convertible all week. Now maybe thinking if I might be able to afford an S2K or a BMW convertible. Who knows.... What do you guys think?

Yeah, You're right. I don't know why I put the V8 version ;x. Either way, yes do that :D. The S2K can be an affordable buy with the right deal. If you belong to a credit union you should be able to get a loan even on an older one. There was one at my dealer we took in for $13,000. 2001, 31k, silver. I should have been able to buy it for $13,500 + tax/etc. y dealer is greedy and they sold it to someone else but you can find private deals like this. With a bit more miles probably, but doable. My payments would have been under $300.

straight men shan't drive convertibles.

:ghey:

Last edited:
Upgrade the suspension a little.
Definitely don't want it. Pavement was wet today. Again I was not pushing the car at all. Brand new tires(a few DAYS old) kept spinning and the ass started sliding out two separate times.

Definitely don't want it. Pavement was wet today. Again I was not pushing the car at all. Brand new tires(a few DAYS old) kept spinning and the ass started sliding out two separate times.

brand new tires are worse than old tires y0.

tires need to be broken in and all the oils/etc that they are coated in need to be worn off so they aren't slippery.

tires need to be broken in and all the oils/etc that they are coated in need to be worn off so they aren't slippery.
This was my 3rd day commuting 70+ miles with it. I figured I was past that stage.

Back