help ef b16a swap electrical issue!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

candyblueEG

hey gurus i need some help!!i have an ef hatch with a jdm b16 swap. motor runs super strong. its boosted but i dont see that being part of the issue. i may be wrong. my setup is obd0 to obd1 p28w/uberdata, and a t3/t4 turbo. im having trouble with my temp gauge in the cluster pinning hot when the motor is not. We broke out the digital temp gun and the motor is in the 180 deg. range. next we hooked up an external temp gauge sidebittin into the cluster wire, and got the saame result. it pinned hot. the motor was at perfect operating temp. i replaced the temp switch, no result. my buddy pulled the temp senson for my motor up online and it showed a sensor with a round prong. the only temp sensor i can find has two prongs. when i test drove the car before i bought it, this didnt happen. my buddy suggested buying another temp gauge with its own sending unit and bypassing the cluster gauge all together. please help!! i am stumped!! please remmber the motor runs at a normal temp. its not overheating. thanks again

buy one because the reason why ur temp sensor is not working is because it may not be grounded 2 wires are needed. 1power,1ground.

Back