help engine missing.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rkwoos12

hey guys i have a 00 civic si with a b16a obd0 engine in it and it has a obd2 distributor and it hasnt been missing here lately and now it started back where it will idle fine and air and fuel will be perfect at idle but when you get on the gas it will miss fire and run lean if reved pask like 3k but it will run find no problems if you just barley give it gas but when you floor the gas it will seem to almost stall then it jumps and takes off and revs fine. im thinking it my be a bad coil or something cause i changed the fuel filter and changed oil, plugs, plug wires, dissy cap and rotor, tippical tune up with some fuel injector cleaner and i also ran sea foam in it that help smooth out the idle but it still misses when geting on the gas, any imput on what could cause the car to miss and run lean please let me know im going to replace the distributor soon with a new one if i dont find any thing else that could cause my problem also what about the o2 sensor i know that can cause it to run lean but will it cause the car to miss?

Back