Help engine mount on 95 hatch dx to 95 ex vtec swap manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic95dxtovtec

My front passenger motor mount does not line up correctly. I found someone to do the swap and and he did alright but that motor mount does not line up, what can I do. He suggested to have someone weld it but I figured there had to be another way. I did a swap on a 95 civic dx automatic and swapped in a 95 ex vtec motor with a manual transmission. So right now its not very safe to drive with four out of five motor mounts can someone help me?

If you are putting an engine that is found in the exact same chassis with the only difference being auto versus manual I am pretty sure it would work. The auto trans probably has a different bolt pattern or bracket than the manual. The chassis for auto is not going to be different from the chassis that has a manual trans.

Last edited:
everyone is correct in saying the auto mount is different. all you need is a manual tranny passenger mount OR get a Hasport brand mount made for the conversion. that's it.

Done this with mine.Just a matter of drilling a few spot welds out and weld the other into its place.Or you could clobber it up like i did one time before and use LONG bolts with spacers(nuts/electrical tape :p) between the mount and the gearbox.Highly NOT RECOMMENDED!! but it can get you to point a/b if your easy on the clutch and crusing util you locate a mount.

Mounts are not hard to find. You can order it from honda for $76 or go to a junk yard and get one for $20 or so. An autoparts store probably can get you one as well. No reason to rig it up and take a chance.

true don't bother rigging it.It turns into a disaster.A mount of a dc chassis will work as well 94-01 teg.Man i have one down home but its hardly worth shipping.Cut out and all.

Done this with mine.Just a matter of drilling a few spot welds out and weld the other into its place.Or you could clobber it up like i did one time before and use LONG bolts with spacers(nuts/electrical tape :p) between the mount and the gearbox.Highly NOT RECOMMENDED!! but it can get you to point a/b if your easy on the clutch and crusing util you locate a mount.

I say no on either one of those solutions because.....

Mounts are not hard to find. You can order it from honda for $76 or go to a junk yard and get one for $20 or so. An autoparts store probably can get you one as well. No reason to rig it up and take a chance.

Yes indeed. If you look for Honda parts at a junkyard that doens't sell a lot of import stuff.....its a steal. I've picked up ECU and shock tower plugs (for donor pins for knock sensor, VTEC wiring, etc) snd suspnesion/motor mount nuts/bolts for the $2 entrance fee....he didn't want to charge me more for them......sweet!

So look for the right mount and feel good that you are not going to drop your oil pan on the pavement and trash your axles.

hmm.My two solutions were clobber/and the right way and you say no to both?:confused: I must have read it wrong.I was thiking how else can you do it bsides drilling and welding..

hmm.My two solutions were clobber/and the right way and you say no to both?:confused: I must have read it wrong.I was thiking how else can you do it bsides drilling and welding..
The other one was busting off spot welds and re-welding. Not to say it cant be done right but its too risky and the integrity of the weld is beyond most people's welding abilities. Best scenario is to actually get the right mount....its too damn cheap to do any other solution and think its equal or better (time = money yada yada yada lol)

all i did was get a manual mount off another body drill out the spot welds on both and it just falls off It was quite simple with the gearbox out.Its good to run a bead on the outsides around the mount if you look to lay down some power.Im not drill a few of your own holes in the mount and get more penetration.I went through three gear boxes reverse to 1st and mine never budged

why did you have to drill out the welds? The manual mount should have worked without modification if it was from the same year.

If its the mount that is welded on the top/side of the rail that has a mount that bolts to the tranny; I am welding in a manual mount on my swap. If u go this route make sure the area is stripped well and cleaned. Make sure to use etching primer over your welds. Personally I am using spay wax inside the rail as well to prevent corrosion from the inside. You also can use seal sealer to dress the outside if needed. If its the mount that bolts to the bottom of the rail I think u can just bolt a manual one up.

Back