help engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tkicm

I have a 1997 Del Sol it had a 1.6 non v tec type s. I installed a d15b vtec jdm. I did not change the ecm but I was told it would work fine but the v tec would not work. Motor ran great for about two months and one day out of the blue it just started reving up and down at idle from about 1000 to 2500 rpm's over and over again. I can un- plug the iac and map sensor and it will idle smooth but extremly rich I plug the sensors back in and it runs smooth until I shut off the engine and re-start then it starts the constant reving up and down again. I have checked for vacum leaks and there are none. I have changed the throttle body same problem. I have changed the intake gasket same problem. I'm thinking iac or ecm.

Take off your intake pipe with your car running. If you A LOT of air rushing in to the intake manifold with the Throttle body closed, it is your IACV. I can give you the testing for your ECU if you like.

Thanks for your help.I removed the intake pipe and the opening at the iac valve in the front of the throttle body has a lot of suction and you can cover that hole with your hand and it helps with the reving up and down but it's still there. I dont think there is a unusal amount of air going into the throttle bodywith the plate closed but I'm not sure. I also would like the testing for the ECU.

You are still running the 1997 Non-Vtec Single cam 1.6 ECU correct?

Back