HELP!! finished a LS swap but it wont rev past 2K

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtec25

Just swapped a LS engine into a 94 Civic 4drs and the set up is
96 B18B, Automatic Tranny, 96 engine harness, 94 D15B7 injectors, 95 Distributor, 95 ecu P75

The problem is that when in Drive it feels sluggish and wont change gear or rev past 2k rpm. there is no check engine light either. it feels fine in reverse though and even revs noraml also in reverse.

What Do ya think is the problem?????

How exactly did you use a 96 harness in a 92-95? THey don't plug in unless you replace it all the way to the ECU.

I dunno what you did with the harness either.

I had that problem the first swap. I can't remember what the problem was but I think it was the TPS or IACV and misplaced vacuum line. I replaced both sensors and fixed the lines and then it revved fine.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Dec 9 2004, 11:31 AM
why don't you clue us in on your wiring surprise before we start guessing
[post=429320]Quoted post[/post]​

to add to his comment.... not to be an ass but before you and your friends start a project take pics of the vacume lines or lable them and ask q's before you break or kill your investment

We spliced the odb1 fuel injector plugs on the LS harness to make it work. somebody here i think told me we could do that. what i am thinking is maybe we need to use an obd 2 distributor. what do ya think????

My ? is why didnt you use the stock 94 D Harness and mod it from there?

exactly

i don't think really used the harness he said they did

that harness doesn't have shock tower plugs

do you have shock tower plugs? or did you replace ALL the wiring

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Dec 9 2004, 04:45 PM
exactly

i don't think really used the harness he said they did

that harness doesn't have shock tower plugs

do you have shock tower plugs? or did you replace ALL the wiring
[post=429542]Quoted post[/post]​

what do u mean??? we are using the 96 engine harness.

SORRY..

well i was'nt there the day the harness went on and my friend just told me that they did'nt do what we was gonna do and in fact the harness is from a 94 integra which he bought that day and did not bother to tell me. so ok its not the harness. so what could it be????

Originally posted by vtec25@Dec 9 2004, 02:22 AM
D15B7 injectors

it feels sluggish
[post=429190]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe it feels slow because you are using injectors that dont flow enough??!?!

Granted i may be wrong, but i dont thing injectors designed for a 1.5l are the best idea for your new 1.8. . .

guys correct me if im wrong but the pinout is not the same for a teg harness as it is for a d series civic harness at the shock tower....are you throwing codes?

Maybe there's something screwy with the transmission and torque converter? I do believe the stall speed is right at 2000rpm.

i didn't even read the auto tranny part.

it doesn't matter with the injectors as long as they are obd1. they flow the same 240cc.

:withstupid:
did you install kickdown cable from TB? Tranny fluid lines to radiator? correct amount and type of new fluid in tranny? you are running auto ecu right? is your teg harness auto? if not it doesnt have wiring for lockup solenoids(unless you wired yourself) i would run the d harness personally bc i dont think they have the same pinout at the shocktower but i will check my helms in a bit. i find it hard to believe it acts like this without a CEL...does your CEL work i.e. come on when key is turned on? can you run through the gears manually? have you checked the resistance for the cylinder sensors inside distributor? there are a multiplicity of things that could cause your symptoms.

Now that u mention it we used Hyundai Tranny fluid cuz my friends brother works for Hyundai. would that be the cause?? and yeah the cel works. but there is no cel.

can you run through the gears manually?
Can u explain how u do that on a auto tranny?????

also now that i remember there is a plug from the harness hanging near the trany but have no idea where it goes. also there is a plug next to the crank pulley and there is nothing connected to it. do u know what are those 2 plugs by any chance and could that be our problem??

i am so happy we are finish although its not runnin right cuz we did this in the cold weather outside on the street. this is our first swap also and it looks clean well other than the fact of those 2 plugs and not running right.

Originally posted by vtec25@Dec 10 2004, 11:18 AM
Now that u mention it we used Hyundai Tranny fluid cuz my friends brother works for Hyundai. would that be the cause?? and yeah the cel works. but there is no cel.

can you run through the gears manually?
Can u explain how u do that on a auto tranny?????

also now that i remember there is a plug from the harness hanging near the trany but have no idea where it goes. also there is a plug next to the crank pulley and there is nothing connected to it. do u know what are those 2 plugs by any chance and could that be our problem??

i am so happy we are finish although its not runnin right cuz we did this in the cold weather outside on the street. this is our first swap also and it looks clean well other than the fact of those 2 plugs and not running right.
[post=430030]Quoted post[/post]​

ok i would go with honda fluid...i dont know if there is a difference but i like to be cautious b/c honda develops there fluids for longevity. the plug by the tranny should be a two wire pl'ug and it should plug into a fixture that looks like two vtec solenoids side by side. the plug on the crank you will not use because it is a feature that is used for ob2 ecu's. secondly i cannot stress enough that i believe the harness is not the same pinning. it would help if you could take a picture of the plug

Back