Help, flashing lights... hell, everything...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

citrEK

OKIE, just got done with the swap... B18C5 into the 99 DX Hatch.

motor.jpg

I Had a bit of issues with the wiring harness, but brought the D16Y7 harness to Garage Kwai and all is good, ran great for a couple runs. A bit of the setup that may prove helpful.

Unorthodox Crank Pullies
AEM Underdrive Alternator Pulley
No A/C or PS
Hyper Ground Universal Kit
Stock Alternator from B18C5
P28 ECU, reprogrammed to ITR specs
Skunk2 OBD2-OBD1 Adapter Harness
Stock D16Y7 Engine Harness

EVERY light in the car is flickering, gauges, headlights, head unit is flashing on and off.... EVERYTHING. Also the tach & speedo are jumping around all over the place, from 20 to 60 to 20 to 120, etc. It worked there for a second everything seemed to be functioning properly then started wiggin out again. It won't pull hard like the first 2 test runs, and I changed nothing but putting the hood on. If you start the car and remove the positive terminal to the battery it kills the car. I think this is normal but the mechanics tell me the alternator should keep it running and the battery is just for starting purposes.

Anyways, PLEASE check out this 1.57MB movie clip and pay attention to the speedo, tach, and other gauges and then the headlights, I looked like a fuckin cop driving home. Oh, I had the hazards on intentionally with my friend behind me to make sure I don't get pulled over on my way home after having to call it a night... The file is in .AVI format.

Right click, SAVE TARGET AS...
http://64.233.207.13/~citrek/epilepsy.avi

Thanks in advance guys...

Also, when you get on it, it tries to pull but jerks/jolts every time the lights flicker. I think my car got shot by one of those guns from F&F2 ;)

And uh, no CEL.

sounds like a short to me. if it ran fine for your test runs, and is fucked up now, you might want to test it with another computer as yours may have gone bad. check over all the connections you made, make sure nothing is grounded out, and the insulation on the wires is not cut. check wiring before you get a new ecu.
good luck

Back