1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help.. Fried ECU??

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by 78civic, Oct 12, 2009.

1. 78civic

78civic Junior Member

OK, the rain slowed and tried to finish the EX knuckle, ?teg caliper/rotor/40-40 swap. While wrenching off the p-valve i curved the wrench over to get a better 'swing' and brushed the pos+ cable with the other end of the wrench. I did see/hear a spark:mad:

So, finished it up and bled it all nicely but when i tried to start, PMFI light staring at me.. It turns over, radio, horn works, but I didn't hear the fuel pump prime itself either. Dang-it 1/2hr before work!
    Checked the fuses at the shock tower, all fine. Checked under the dash, all fine?? Got out, pulled the neg off, pulled the ecu fuse, waited a few sec. and tried again. SAME thing. NO blink at all at the ecu either..

Wouldn't it short out a fuse first before frying items like the ECU?

Again, ALL fuses looked fine. I even pulled them (the blade ones) checked them out with a flashlight, re-installed them.
    The large 40-60a ones looked good also.

SO, which 'got it'?? Main relay or ECU or both?

If it's the ECU, can it be 'fixed' by taking it apart and __________?
    I know ecu's are cheap for the D15b's but don't want to go and get one from the yard if it's something else.
    Again, I ran out of time before work, so I'll be trying a little shot of carb cleaner in the T/B to see if I have spark.. Maybe I fried the pump?

Anywho. Good advise is appreciated

E

2. 78civic

78civic Junior Member

Thanks for all your help..

It was the ecu

E

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted