Help!! Gsr in crx broken problems!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ight guys...

i took the valve cover off inspected everything and even checked the valve lash..

everythings good

so i guess im gonna slap on the new water pump oil pump and belt tomorrow...

i guess ill figure out that other problem tomorrow when every things taken apart.

sweet you got lucky after being after a lifted truck and shreading a belt.so at least that doesnt hurt the pockets...by ls did something similar befor i got it the guy thought the engine was fkd.i said head you never know i could use some parts if your going to scrap it.now its the beast in the bottom of mine for free!!!.so thats good shit.. now to the cast alum prob.

sweet you got lucky after being after a lifted truck and shreading a belt.so at least that doesnt hurt the pockets...by ls did something similar befor i got it the guy thought the engine was fkd.i said head you never know i could use some parts if your going to scrap it.now its the beast in the bottom of mine for free!!!.so thats good shit.. now to the cast alum prob.

hell ya good shit....

now the other problem i think i solved it...

i threaded the bolt on there...
it threads in fully and tight..
if u look at the other pic look at the other bolt hole under & in between
the block mounts im going to utilize that hole..weld something on to the mount that bolts on the block.,,its steel so i can do that myself so i will have 3 bolts on that mount...

i hope this isnt confusing....
im talking about the mount that bolts to the block with the 2 studs =]

bro just rememberits cast alum...if you can get that 3rd hole fixed cool.but im having probs keeping the stud bolts that come off that mount tight on my hasport mounts.but 2 bolts instead of 3 or a 3rd in a random spot isnt going to have the same strength as that hole should.try having it fixed should work but im not for sure.

it looks like there are 3 bolt holes for that mount, and like you said there's still threads in the broken part. it would probably hold with no problems. theres two more bolts to share the stress, and use threadlocker you should be ok.

if you wanted to make it look nice put the mount in so the bolt is in and braze the broken piece back on, you wouldn't ever be able to remove it, but it should never come off either.

it looks like there are 3 bolt holes for that mount, and like you said there's still threads in the broken part. it would probably hold with no problems. theres two more bolts to share the stress, and use threadlocker you should be ok.

if you wanted to make it look nice put the mount in so the bolt is in and braze the broken piece back on, you wouldn't ever be able to remove it, but it should never come off either.

freeaaakkking great idea....

but in there are three for a reason.i learned this with my half shaft.one striped out hole doesnt mean the others will hold.it means they will be weak.do you solve a math problem when your missing a part of the equation? 2 blank 2 = what again?
honda put it there for a reason fix it if you can or fix it the most half a$$ way you can your engine not mine man.but if you use 2 anda 1/3 holes rather than 2 anda rebuilt hole? i dunno. look up a product called alumiweld(spelling could be fkd)
suposedly castable cnc and tapable.i dont sit here drunk to be an ass because i want to piss my wife off or to point you in the wrong direction.i somehow still piss her off(inevitable)but i see stupid mistakesi have made being recreated and costing more money than acheap tig job or a batch of alumiweld and some tap work.blocks cost more than stupidity will alow you to admit in the end(not saing your having stupidity)but if it was built with three bolt to begin with it probly needs 3 bolts not 2 and some change.its like the saying a few fries short of a happy meal.im not happy when i dont have all the fries i should in my happy meal. will you be?

but in there are three for a reason.i learned this with my half shaft.one striped out hole doesnt mean the others will hold.it means they will be weak.do you solve a math problem when your missing a part of the equation? 2 blank 2 = what again?
honda put it there for a reason fix it if you can or fix it the most half a$$ way you can your engine not mine man.but if you use 2 anda 1/3 holes rather than 2 anda rebuilt hole? i dunno. look up a product called alumiweld(spelling could be fkd)
suposedly castable cnc and tapable.i dont sit here drunk to be an ass because i want to piss my wife off or to point you in the wrong direction.i somehow still piss her off(inevitable)but i see stupid mistakesi have made being recreated and costing more money than acheap tig job or a batch of alumiweld and some tap work.blocks cost more than stupidity will alow you to admit in the end(not saing your having stupidity)but if it was built with three bolt to begin with it probly needs 3 bolts not 2 and some change.its like the saying a few fries short of a happy meal.im not happy when i dont have all the fries i should in my happy meal. will you be?

First off sober up and come back.

Second, if he tries to fix it/run it with two bolts and it breaks again he really isnt losing anything.

but a entire block....hmmmmm.entire block or 50 to 100 for machine and welding work... his choice not our as i always say but.. why waist 1000 on posibly fkn up a entire block over 100 dollars?being sober isnt a factor.thinking logic is.it was made with three bolts for areson as i said befor.im honestly not going to bs on this sober drinking wine isnt a differenciating factor.would you rather risk it or spend a bill instead of ten to potentialy fix it?his verdict regardless. but me honestly would rather attempt with a hundred in retrospect of gambling with a ten fold.and if you want that ecu bro 150 plus shipping final offer for the pr3 efhondakid pm me if interested(jdm ecu) came from and with jdm engine

but a entire block....hmmmmm.entire block or 50 to 100 for machine and welding work... his choice not our as i always say but.. why waist 1000 on posibly fkn up a entire block over 100 dollars?being sober isnt a factor.thinking logic is.it was made with three bolts for areson as i said befor.im honestly not going to bs on this sober drinking wine isnt a differenciating factor.would you rather risk it or spend a bill instead of ten to potentialy fix it?his verdict regardless. but me honestly would rather attempt with a hundred in retrospect of gambling with a ten fold.and if you want that ecu bro 150 plus shipping final offer for the pr3 efhondakid pm me if interested(jdm ecu) came from and with jdm engine

wow...i wish i was smashed.....
dont worry i got it covered...ill post pics soon

and show u guys what i got done 2 it...
its 4 sure a fix

will be posting pics this weekend guys b patient

Back