1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help:h22 vibration

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by bluek, May 11, 2010.

1. bluek

bluek New Member

I have had this swap for a year now and i finally got an LSD tranny for it (M2B4) but since i took off the tranny i decided to go get the clutch resurfaced etc... So when i was putting the driver side axle and one of the bearings fell so i bought new axles off kragen 89 integra for pass. side and a 90 integra for driver side. Car doesnt vibrate much when its idling its when i start driving it pass 15mph...........i've put it on the lifters and put it on gear and doesnt make any noise...... Thanks for help in advance

2. bluek

bluek New Member

bump for help!

3. Nightwars

Nightwars New Member

Check your engine/tranny mount, especially the tranny mount.
    You might have forgot to torque them enough which might cause a vibration.

:(

4. bluek

bluek New Member

i checked all mounts and they seem fine
    someone told me it can be my bearings or hub

5. civichatch1988

civichatch1988 Ef hatch

your bearings are in the hub : ) and yes its most likely your bearings are shot pull the entire hud off look at the bearing where the axle goes in look for cracks and holes, you can also jack your car up with wheels on and pull left to right and up and down of your wheel to see if it wiggles a bunch if it does your bearings are shot enite have a shop press in new ones or get diff hubs from a junkyard

6. bluek

bluek New Member

i'm going to a shop tomorrow and have them get checked out, even though i just put new bearings let u guys know wat happens

7. bluek

bluek New Member

i figured it out thanks.................it was the ride height since i was rokin 195/55-15 and bought some rims with 195/50-15 and lowered it a bit more my axles were binding i guess so my best bet i'll have to rock 16s

8. josh_crewdson@y

josh_crewdson@y New Member

9. bluek

bluek New Member

'97 civic hatch JDM h22

10. josh_crewdson@y

josh_crewdson@y New Member

Personally, i'd get swap axles made for that motor/car combo. It should clear your problem up.

11. bluek

bluek New Member

yeah cus i did the 89 integra driver side with h22 inner joints and 91 integra for passenger side with h22 inner but i will probably buy the DSS axles or Raxles

12. shadyman8

shadyman8 EG9

I had a problem like this with a swap that I did for my buddy, and the motor was sitting to far to the right. which in return was causing the axle to bind. ... put the front end in the air and spin your tires, if one feels like it its binding and the other does not check your mounts. also grab the shaft and try to move it side to side.... hope this helps, I went throught hell trying to figure it out on my buddies car....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted