help.heater is out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

d3030ea

so my heater was working fine and when i went to turn it on i got nothing i tried all 4 speeds and nothing still, no warm air seems to be coming thru at all...any suggestions?

have you switched it to cold air the past few weeks, without going back to hot. if so the cable maybe not switching it over. and if the fan is blowing tat almost has to be it or a stopped up heater core

but its not blowing any air at all is the thing. i checked the fuses and all are good someone told me it would be the blower itself. could that be true? i guess i should have mentioned its a 90honda civic lx.

yeah if its not blowing at all. check all the fuses/relays related to the blower motor, if they are all goo unplug the blower motor and run a straight wire to it to see if it comes on, if not your blower is shot.

its 3 screws under the glove box its pretty easy to get out

try running a direct 12v to the fan see if it moves (hold it tight it likes to jump)

the fan might just be seized try moving it by hand a bit and then test with power again

if it still doesnt move at all get a new blower motor

you may also need the blower motor resistor... the test for this is if the fan only turns on (or power only goes to the plug) when on the highest setting

Last edited:
Back