Help help help help help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ricrx

im having problems wuth my b16...the car ran at first and it ran good...after a biut it started dying on me when ot was running.....first the tach falls down then the car dies everythin else stays on....even the car as i donw shift is still on but i pump the gas and nothin...i pull over give it a couple turns and it turns on...sometimes i may need a jump....i have no clue waty it is HElP????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

alright, since you are noob and from cali i'll give you a break. your post doesn't make any sense at all. it needs some proofreading on your part to make it so we can figure out what you are trying to say.

anyways, i'm done being a dick. it could be two things. either the battery or the alternator. take is to a place like autozone and have them do an electrical check. they should do it for free. but like i said before. it's probably the battery or alternator.

Sounds like you need a new ignition switch. Not the key cylinder, the electric switch behind it that has all the wires going to it. EF's are notorious for this problem.

It's not your alternator because if it was, your car would die once you jump start it and remove the jumper cables. It's not your battery because that wouldn't cause your car to just die like that.

It's probably the alternator. It's probably generating just barely enough of a charge to stay running until you turn on accessories etc... It will fluctuate, so it's possible to charge normally, especially when the RPM's are high - then all the sudden drop off on deceleration.

Please go back to school. If english isn't your first language, i understand.

Last edited:
Back