help! how do i get traction?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

legutki

What do you guys recommend for increasing my traction ability when i launch? Its completly stock suspension with 195/50/15 Cooper cobra's . Once the tires go im going to upgrade to 205 Falkens. But i was looking for advice about the suspension
thanks

get some quality coilovers.
get some jimfab bars or z10 rods
get some s-03 pole positions or some other sweet tires.

coilovers...
tein are excellent... JIC, buddyclub..

or you can go cheaper route

ground controls/ kyb or koni

whats your budget

My budget is limited. But i can save how much would coilover cost? im hoping to see if i could get some used equipment

get the ground control drag setup
get some adjustable struts

you want to lift the rear (to put more weight on the front tires)
and you want to have the rears stiff as fuck (to reduce weight transfering off the front to the rear)

pull forward out of the burnout box.

that's always a plus.

:blink:

seriously though, get hella stiff shocks on the back, and get a set of coilovers and raise the back up a bit, and don't get Kumho 711's.

falkens are NOT drag tires. you'll bake them up. they are autocross tires, and are great for 2nd - 4th gear hard driving, but will net you a 2.5 60' most likely still.

if you want drag tires, get some BFG drag raidals

The Falkens are not good drag tires. I had the Ziex and the Azenis, and didn't like eather for take off's. They have a stiff sidewall, better for auto cross.

a cheap thing to do is to buy some mount inserts. This will help make the engine stay more stationary so you put more power down, and less wheel hop.

or you can go to home depot and buy a tube of urethane caulk ( its called.. " window something".. it escapes me right now).. it's black.... and fill in the stock mounts.. same thing... but cheaper :D

Back