Help how do I keep my ITR safe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TypeRman2000

2000 USDM ITR
Hello I just got a 2000 ITR and everyone will say I am stupid but I live in an appartment complex in las vegas I was just wonderin if anyone had any tricks or experience on anti theft items and what somone would advise me to do to keep it here and not stolen!

TypeRman2000 said:
Hello I just got a 2000 ITR and everyone will say I am stupid but I live in an appartment complex in las vegas I was just wonderin if anyone had any tricks or experience on anti theft items and what somone would advise me to do to keep it here and not stolen!
well in your last thread you said it had an alarm so that's a start. Get the quick release steering wheel, pull your ecu out every night when you go to bed, and get LO Jack.
i know it's a hassle to pull your ecu out EVERY night but the second you decide to just leave it, someone will take.

Plus, if they want it bad enough, they'll take the car with you in it, so go buy a gun. <---I was just kidding... B16RacerN2NR and/or HondaSwap.com is not responsible for your actions:D

5 easy steps to prevent theft of an ITR in 'Vegas.

Step 1: Find a storage rental place with a spot big enough for a 'teggy.

Step 2: Make sure storage place is fully enclosed in an 8' or better fence with pass codes to get in and out, and has plenty of security cameras and lighting as well as at least 1 guard on duty 24 hours.

Step 3: Cover your integra with a car cover that is seriously baggy. put random foam objects under the cover to disguise the shape of the car.

Step 4: Load it up on a flatbed trailer and sneak it in during the night, stash it inside the storage container, still covered, and lock it with 42 pad locks.

Step 5: Buy a shotgun and sit outside the door to protect your new investment. Dont ever let the car see the light of day ever again.

P.S. Don't forget FULL COVERAGE insurance with a low deductible. Because even if you do all of this, your shit will be stolen out from under you anyway.

the ecu thing will work.. you can also get the clutch lock thingy too..

or another suggestion, leave it bone dry in gas all the time, that way if it does get stolen they wont get too far..
a friends Audi got stolen, but it was on empty so they ditched the car when it ran out of gas..

This guy at my school put a rottweiler in his car after it had been broken into 3 times. It bit the hell out of whoever got into it next. He didn't even press charges because of what the dog did.

you could paint it forest green, add black side moldings, put some steelies on it and call it a GS. I doubt it would get stolen then.

an integra is an integra in the thiefs world.. they dont care what model it is.. they get stolen..

Not even close to the truth. They can get up to 3x the $$ from fencing parts from an ITR vs an LS/GS

Thieves tend to go for any decent honda because of the huge demand for their parts, and near impossible tracability. I should know, twice was my old si broken into. Luckly people saw the bastards and called the cops...

By the way, get good insurance... over the two times I sustained $800 in damage. Insurance didn't cover a dime, and the bastards that did it didn't even have to pay

The ECU thing won't work.
1.) They will bring a 99 Si ECU if they want to start it.
2.) The 2001 has an immobilizer, so if they see a type ARRRRRRR they know to do #1 or bring a flatbed.
3.) The last type R i heard of being stolen was pushed 8 miles on the freeway , apparently they forgot #1

Help:
1.) Get Lo-Jack (or equivalent GPS tracker), it's the best cost-for-safety thing you can do.
2.) Clutch locks, alarms, and removed steering wheel WILL slow them down...hopefully enough to prevent it from missing... but they took my GF's stock 98 Ex anyways.
3.) Remove fuses that control fuel delivery.
4.) Add switches that interrupt fuel delivery.
5.) Remove fuel.
6.) Get another Lo-Jack.
7.) Write down your VIN, stamp your name+VIN on every part you can.
Good luck.

if you worry so much about it......sell it. bottom line,no car is worth the worries of it being stolen. well in your case paranoia. I would sell it and buy a older or regular integra with a swap(sleeper). OR move somewhere safer if possible. I know it sounds alot for a car but damn its a type R for crying out loud.

As long as you have full coverage you will get book value. With that said imagine how the rest of us feel that drive 10+ year old cars with 900,000,000 dollars worth of parts that we could never get back if the insurance company was to write a check tomorrow. If you dont want to be out a bunch of money because of a theif then dont spend any money on it or stop worrying about it you can't have both. Why own the car if you can't enjoy it cause you have to spend 2k on security and go through a bunch of fuse/ecu pulling every night!

skillz2k5 said:
Why own the car if you can't enjoy it cause you have to spend 2k on security and go through a bunch of fuse/ecu pulling every night!

Because then it's there in the morning...:eek:

sLuShBoXtEgGy said:
Ravelco Anti Theft Device That should help too. And no one said it, but tuen your wheels to one extreme every night so it can't be towed.

I tow for a living (flatbed) & that is a misconception. That may work for a complete novice but usually you just drag it up but there are a ton of ways around that. Speaking of which, there are a ton of ways around everything mentioned & like mentioned above if someone wants it bad enough it WILL be taken.
With that being said the name of the game is slowing them down enough to deter them or give you enough time to catch them in the act. Honestly, I feel bad for you. A type r in apartment complex parking lot = stolen. Your best bet to slow people down when in the car would be the auto-lock (maybe even 2 if your crazy). 1 for clutch, 1 for brake, & the club for steering wheel. The club & auto-lock will slow thieves down if able to get into your car. Again, not stop but slow them down. To help with the towing, get a nice alarm with tilt sensors & proximity sensors & find someone very knowledgable in alarm installations & you trust. Always wire a back up battery to the alarm & have the brain hidden some where creative. Look forward to a lot of sleepless nights & false alarms. You can also install lo-jack in case they do take it but make sure its activated in a reasonable amount of time after stolen or else it will be found & tossed. For pushing the car, there these boots i've seen people put on there rims that work great. From there you can get creative and add little things here & there like unplugging harness's & pulling fuses.
You have to remember you have to do things to slow or deter people enough to not only prevent them breaking into the car, but coming near, towing or pushing the car. Take it from me who has lived in the city my whole life & owned numerous honda's & learned the hard way. GOOD LUCK

Last edited:
shoulda just bought a house with a garage....
then get a type r in a few months when you have more money.

Just get a sticker that says: "THIS CAR IS PROTECTED BY A DRUNKEN NRA MEMBER WITH A 12 GAUGE.. AND I ALREADY SEE YOU...."

I saw a sticker this weekend on a pickup that read:

CAUTION: Nothing in this truck is worth your life.

I laughed my ass off

phyregod said:
I saw a sticker this weekend on a pickup that read:

CAUTION: Nothing in this truck is worth your life.

I laughed my ass off
thats great.. hahaha .. did you get a pic of it??

Nope, we were driving in traffic at the time, got a glimpse of it as he was turning... :shrug2:

I need to get the crap that hooks my phone up to the PC.. I have all kinds of funny pics "From Texas"

I have a pic of a redneck rear bumber (everything heavy and metal welded into one large object, then welded to the truck).. Common enough, except this guy was too lazy to undo the fasteners for his old license plate, so he cut the old bumper out around the old license plate and bailing wired it to his "new" bumper. We're talking a good 2 foot section of bumper. Funny as hell.

Another one that was on a courthouse lawn that says "STAY OFF GRASS! ELECTRICITY EVERYWHERE!"

But my favorite "only in tx" thing is this one:

A muffler shop that had an ad on their board that said "Free turkey with dual exhaust!" (thanksgiving time) Yes, they were dead serious.

Last edited:
Back