help!!! hydro auto to manual

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ef9civicgen4

alright i've got a friend who wants to swap an h22a into a 91 or a 92 accord. we've got most of the stuff figured. but our problem is that he wants to swap his auto to a manual.

1. how difficult is it to do a hydro auto to manual swap (lines, sensors, pumps, master cylinder, ect)

2. what all do we need?

3. whats this TCU i keep hearing about?

4. if the h22 is out of a 92-95 prelude is there any OBD changes.

any replies would be appreciated.

Auto to manual swap would be a bitch, but it's doable. You'd have to mount the shifter, change the console, run the lines or cables, change intermediate shaft I think, and switch pedal assemblies. I read about it recently, maybe in the members forum.

92-95 H22A is the right OBD, and bolts right in. There are a few peripheral changes made(power steering hose, lengthening and adding of wires, accessory mounts, fuel line, etc.)

You'd of course need the right computer. The TCU is the Auto tranny computer. If you stay auto, you get a P13 for automatic. For manual, the P13 for manual, pretty simple.

I did my own swap, and I am very pleased. Just try to collect as much info as possible before swapping, and get the right parts.

Back