Help i blew my stock motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Townboy21

My sister just blew her stock motor in her 1997 civic ex I am looking for the cheapest way to help her out, i would prefer not going to the junk yard, but I have good mechanical skills but no honda knoledge. HHEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP

Will this motor fit in her car
JDM Engines Direct
Or maybe someone can give me some links or point me in the direction of where i can spend the least amount of cash and btw im in SOCAL

i have done some research on the model numbers for the engine/body/year/make and vin of her car.
Just want to make sure

Thanks,
Joe

What exactly blew?

And yes, that motor would work in her car. If anything, avoid any D16Y blocks if you want greater reliability. If possible, swap in a JDM D15B VTEC or something. They're a tad cheaper with low miles.

Last edited:
Or maybe someone can give me some links or point me in the direction of where i can spend the least amount of cash and btw im in SOCAL

No kidding, he said it right here^^

Besides K is the way if you wanna get crazy ;), but I'm biased

you can always try some local autowreckers, should be tonnes of D-series around for cheap

Last edited:
why the hell would you buy ANY SOHC engine for more than $200?

Look on craigs list or anything like that, I might even know a buddy that had a z6.

you can always try some local autowreckers, should be tonnes of D-series around for cheap

You can also try local car forums and / or Craigslist. No matter where you are you can usually find a used D-series engine that somebody who swapped wants to get rid of...

I dont know what blew, all i know as of right now is that she ran it out of oil, and was driving on the freeway up a hill and the oil light came on @ 75mph and then the check engine light came on and it died, she put oil in it, but it wont start, it turns tho. i have to have my mechanic buddy look @ it but im being pre emptive

there is nothing wrong with going to a junkyard for a motor you just have to know what to look for because i found a gem of a b18c1 in a local junkyard here in stl for 150 bucks! so you can definatley find nice motors for cheap like i said make sure you know what signs and whatnot to look for.

just my 2 cents

Back