Help I have a serious problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

Ok I was talking to my friend who is getting a h22a swap done and I ran into a problem. You guys are great at trouble-shooting so give this one a try. He wants a reliable daily driver -period end of statement-. His driving style is very agressive so I mentioned some parts that would increase the strength of his engine (its an h22a w/ an auto tranny). He wants the most dependable car he can get so he counts on swapping the engine. (his last motor blew up) He figures that a swapped motor with a few parts changed with be fine (water pump, timing belt, and gaskets). After the motor is swapped he is going to dump money on interior accessories and STICKERS.

Help my friend is a ricer; what do I do???

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Jul 6 2004, 05:57 PM
Ok I was talking to my friend who is getting a h22a swap done and I ran into a problem. You guys are great at trouble-shooting so give this one a try. He wants a reliable daily driver -period end of statement-. His driving style is very agressive so I mentioned some parts that would increase the strength of his engine (its an h22a w/ an auto tranny). He wants the most dependable car he can get so he counts on swapping the engine. (his last motor blew up) He figures that a swapped motor with a few parts changed with be fine (water pump, timing belt, and gaskets). After the motor is swapped he is going to dump money on interior accessories and STICKERS.

Help my friend is a ricer; what do I do???

Well Stickers will add a great amount of HP.

nothing, its his car
at least he's dropping an h22 in it
ppl will think his car is clown, then he'll stomp all over them...now THAT is elite sleeperness :ph34r:

Originally posted by lowandslow@Jul 6 2004, 09:02 PM
nothing, its his car
ppl will think his car is clown, then he'll stomp all over them...now THAT is elite sleeperness :ph34r:

an auto H22?

Pass that weed, that is some good shit.

just constantly make fun of him.

over time, he'll remove them

Wouldn't that defame the good name of the site? ;)

Seriously though, I'm a ricer. I'll admit it. I am getting a body kit installed right now. However, I do know the difference between eyesore and style. Some people hate everything that doesn't look/sound/feel OEM or JDM. I'm not quite so... well... anal. :ph34r:

[rant]
Rice is more of a term to describe folks that buy a second (or third or fourth) hand Honda(civic or lude)/Acura(teg)/Mitsu(eclipse, Eagle Talon, or... gah... plymouth laser) and spend about a week and $352.95 giving it "mad preformans d00d" by putting cheap coilovers on, welding a fart can on the stock piping, and finding a set of wheels that have seen more action than the corner whore. Oh and don't forget the either oversized or undersized wing that they will swear makes the car faster and gives it better handling. Ricers are usually identified by their plentiful and meaningless brand stickers...
[/rant]

For those of you who hate "rice" with a passion, I urge you to think before you post, because I'm not out to flame anyone or asking for flames, just ranting a little about the difference between rice and nice

Auto H22's are fine. He just needs to decide if he wants a really fast car or not. Talk him into a turbo.

Too many stickers=teh suck

aint nothing wrong with liking body kits or being called a ricer. hell we are all ricers whether we admit it or not....we drive Japanese cars. i am one of the few people here that like body kits and going to car shows. shit, im going to build my Integra for show and its going to badass when/if i get done with it. i wont go into detail of what i am going to do, but whatever your freind does, support him/her in what they do to their car. maybe instead of making fun of them, give them pointers and show them the way to building a car that THEY like. remember, its not what your friends like in YOUR car, its what YOU like in YOUR car. as long as you like your car, thats what matters the most.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jul 7 2004, 12:20 AM
its not what your friends like in YOUR car, its what YOU like in YOUR car. as long as you like your car, thats what matters the most.

:withstupid:

i love a nicely done styeld car.

problem is, is that no one sells a kit worth a damn, that fits a damn, or that functions a damn.

if someone made a body kit that increased by downforce and reduced my coefficient of drag, i'd buy it in a second.

but, instead, putting a "Dr1ft" style bumper on the sol just isn't happening because its useless to do so.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 7 2004, 09:03 AM
problem is, is that no one sells a kit worth a damn, that fits a damn

This is the exact reason I chose the shop that I did. This guy buys kits from Extreme Dimensions or Versus to keep the cost down and then basically rebuilds them to fit the car exactly. I am getting Feelz widebody fenders and quarters put on, but they are being reworked to fit, and I had him remove and fill the corner lens. It's gonna look badass when it's done.

And I needed some "go" so I had him put a Zex dry kit in it :D

I lke a body kit if it doesnt throw off the lines of hte car. MUGEN or WW RS' kit for the integra and CRX are my favorite. I like the Kaminari kit front as well...

I'm getting a black widow front on my car, which is fine IMO because it looks more factory than say an invader kit or a blitz kit, both of which I dislike... The Feelz fenders really don't mess with the lines cause they're being reworked... I'll have to post up pics when it's done. I'm getting pics of the construction process and everything. The bad thing is, the front fenders make the car look like a Hyundai S-Coupe or whatever the little bastards are... but that will be fixed when it's painted.

The point of all of this is: Rice is not necessarily bad. :D

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 7 2004, 01:00 PM
The bad thing is, the front fenders make the car look like a Hyundai S-Coupe or whatever the little bastards are... but that will be fixed when it's painted.

teh S'Coupe Owns j000!!

i love those cars... 1.6l DOHC TURBO... mmmm bish!

Never seen a turbo model... that would more than make up for teh ugly, seeing as how those things are no bigger than your thumb and probably don't weigh much more :p

Originally posted by Havok+Jul 6 2004, 09:16 PM-->
lowandslow
@Jul 6 2004, 09:02 PM
nothing, its his car

an auto H22?

Pass that weed, that is some good shit.

soo, h22's arent fast? im confused..its still an h22 right? someone explain..
:roll:

It's not the engine, it's the automatic trans they are referring to... there's not a lot of point in doing an H22 swap and using an automatic unless A: you have to, B: you have a genuine reason to want an automatic, or C: you're a whiny bitch who "doesn't like to shift". :lol:

Back