Help I Have A Smoking Sc Gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

onefastcivic

my friend has a sc gsr 94 runnig 6psi and his car is smoking really bad out the exhaust and out of the air breather from the valve cover. he drove it to columbus for the integra me and half way there it started to smoke(like described above) he drove it the rest of the way there and back but it stalls out when he stops and lets the clutch out to fast what is this he also has oil on the bumper and his drag wing what is this

hahahahahahah. There is a major oil seal that is completely gone. That smoke is oil burning. And if you have oil on the bumper, holy shit. The thing must be squirting oil all over the place. look at the head gasket, look at the super charger. I have heard of SCs leaking badly. I think the bottom line is that your friend is fucked, I would be suprised if he hadn't done major permenant damage by now. Head gasket, Supercharger, could even have a piston ring that was gone, and combined with a weak head gasket, could have caused a pretty catastrophic failure

it is on the rear bumper and all the spark plugs are clean and what not

Check the oil, if it looks in anyway like a milk shake, it probably is a blown headgasket. Does his exhaust in teh back point up? mine does a lil so yeah oil comes out and gets on my bumper but yeah oil coming out is definitely a seal, like a piston ring, otherwise it would be leaking oil all over the ground and whatnot.

I would say check the oil, if milky do a head gasket, and that is when you can tell if there is some serious damage to the top of the pistons, and maybe if it smoke is blue, then its probably rings also.

my .02 :D

Back