Help, I have a TROJAN.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

why i don't use it:

i need ie8 to test compability in browsers
my recording software only works in windows
most 1-off software i use doesn't have a linux version, and i really don't feel like learning a new tool for things like my code editor, etc that i've learned to lvoe over the past 5 years.

I noticed that when I do try to do a system restore it fails...so I will try this way tonight. Should I turn off the restore points while in safe mode? Right now I have got to take a break from it and go to the landfill before the wife rips me a new bunghole.

I turned it off in regular mode. Don't know if that makes a difference though.

The trojan I had was antivirus system pro if that helps you any. Avast and Malware took care of it. The worst part was waiting for scans to be done. You could maybe try quick scan first and see if it catches it. Also make sure you update the virus databases.

it could be worse....
look on the bright side, last time B thought he was getting Trojans....

he ended up with 10 DILDOS

1111d1160714239-condompacklol.jpg

:lmao: LMMFAO!!!

The trojan I had was antivirus system pro if that helps you any. Avast and Malware took care of it. The worst part was waiting for scans to be done. You could maybe try quick scan first and see if it catches it. Also make sure you update the virus databases.
Thats the same one I have. Its gotten so bad that like I said it does not let me access anything in normal mode. When it first happened I scanned several times with AVG, ad-aware, and windows defender with no luck. Now its got me on lock down...im going to see what I can do then ill report back with the turn out.

Hey B, did you ever end up using those cherry flavored condoms.

you didn't think they were bubble gum did you?

Did you run Malwarebytez? That program is the shit, every time some idiot gets one of those "buy our utility to fix these issues" trojans, malwarebytez clears it right up every time.

Did you run Malwarebytez? That program is the shit, every time some idiot gets one of those "buy our utility to fix these issues" trojans, malwarebytez clears it right up every time.
I would love to try it but I cant even access the internet from my computer so im kind of fucked there. Im just going to wait the 2 hours for linux to dl then boot it up on my comp. I will see what happens from there...I might like it and say fuck windows.

you can't transfer it over the network, or on a thumbdrive? I have a feeling you're going to dislike linux if you can't even be arsed to try to fix a simple trojan in windows...

I have a feeling you're going to dislike linux if you can't even be arsed to try to fix a simple trojan in windows...
I have been trying everything I know how to for 2 days. Im not that bright when it comes to computers thats why I posted for help, and out of all the ideas people gave me right now linux seems to be the only thing that will work for me. Thwe trojan has for the most part put my pc on lock down, and all my anti virus programs have not been able to fix the problem. When I can get another windows disk I can go that route if I dont like linux...but for now I will just test the waters with something new.

Any advice on what you think I should do would be great...but keep in mind that the trojan wont let me access anything, and in safe mode I still cant access the net and avg/ad-aware/windows defender wont find the problem. So short of reformating the drive or trying something new im lost.

well good luck with linux. most people i show it to like it even though they barely scratch the surface of it when they use it.

there are ways to get your data back, and if you use a live cd (the default download) then you can boot into linux from the CD (beware its gonna be slower than when it's actually installed) to test the waters.

If you dont like it or cant understand it after using the CD for a bit then i'd recommend going back to windows. The default settings for ubuntu are very similar to a mac, so if you've ever used one before I dont think you'll be too confused. The only wierd thing is learning what the programs are called. Like Totem is your movie player, firefox is your browser, places menu does pretty much everything my computer does and evolution is your mail client (like outlook). If you only surf the web then it's not going to be a tough transition at all.

Didn't mean anything personal by that statement, just that linux tends to be a user's OS, meaning you have to know a bit about how it works to get the most out of it.

Do you have a free partition to install Linux to? If not your files may be arsed.

well good luck with linux. most people i show it to like it even though they barely scratch the surface of it when they use it.

there are ways to get your data back, and if you use a live cd (the default download) then you can boot into linux from the CD (beware its gonna be slower than when it's actually installed) to test the waters.

If you dont like it or cant understand it after using the CD for a bit then i'd recommend going back to windows. The default settings for ubuntu are very similar to a mac, so if you've ever used one before I dont think you'll be too confused. The only wierd thing is learning what the programs are called. Like Totem is your movie player, firefox is your browser, places menu does pretty much everything my computer does and evolution is your mail client (like outlook). If you only surf the web then it's not going to be a tough transition at all.
Thanks for the positive info, I think I can get the hang of it. My buddy uses it and he LOVES it so im sure I can figure it out...I will let you know after I get it up and running. Its 35% done downloading right now, then ill burn it and move it on over to my pc.

Didn't mean anything personal by that statement, just that linux tends to be a user's OS, meaning you have to know a bit about how it works to get the most out of it.

Do you have a free partition to install Linux to? If not your files may be arsed.
Naw, I didnt take it personally...im just frustrated with the whole thing and want to move on. Im willing to try something new and if I lose my files then oh well...its only random pics and like 500 mp3s. I can always re-download the music. And thanks to everyone on here for helping me out...I hope this works.

personally I would back the pictures up on a disc or on a flash drive. because you should know the second they are deleted you're going to need some of them

personally I would back the pictures up on a disc or on a flash drive. because you should know the second they are deleted you're going to need some of them
I have most of them tossed around the net so it wont be hard to get them back...if I can I will try to save a few but I doubt it will let me access anything. Also most of them are old anyways...the wife and I are getting a nice digi for ourselves for xmas so I can make new ones.

Back