help identify this please...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmJynks

i know its an Intake Manifold but it doesnt look like one from a D16Z6.

i have a D15B 3 Stage and i need help before i start to do a bunch of porting on this IM and waste my time when i should have just gotten a different intake. can anyone tell me what this is similar too?

1. what IM is this and is it worth the time to port out?

DSCI0247.jpg

DSCI0246.jpg

DSCI0245.jpg

DSCI0244.jpg

2. what TB can i swap out too since this is not swapable with a B series as everyone on D-series was bashing me for.
DSCI0243.jpg

DSCI0242.jpg

i know you guys are more helpful then those arrogant blowhards on D-series.

looks like a y8 manifold.. possibly from an automatic, never seen one of the resevoir things..

that manifold is from European D15Z6

3-stage VTEC is an OBD2 engine; the D15B that uses the same, or similar I should say, IM as D16Z6 is the OBD1 version.

That bottom picture is the FITV(no reason to swap them), and if you notice both do have two ports, they're just in different areas.

3-stage VTEC is an OBD2 engine; the D15B that uses the same, or similar I should say, IM as D16Z6 is the OBD1 version.

That bottom picture is the FITV(no reason to swap them), and if you notice both do have two ports, they're just in different areas.

the ports not the problem, the sensor is. the B16 dont have a sensor port for the car i have, im askin i anyone knows what TB i can swap too? to make a little more power or should i port it out too?

the IM is off of a wrecked D15B 3 Stage. if i port this out and smooth the runners will it be worth the time? i have it cut open now and im getting a dremel this week.

Back