HELP!! Idle issues with D15A2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FObangah

I finally added another to the stable. Its an 87 civic hatch I purchased to be my D.D. so I don't destroy my S2k. It had front end damage from a minor scrap with a Suburban ( CHEVY won, K.O. in the first round:p ) , has 250k on the odometer but had a new clutch, brake job, brake lines (front), plugs/wires, new exhaust (stock), and lots of other junk that made me feel it was worth the purchase. The only other problem was it needed a battery. I bought it on Saturday, scowered the junk yards SAT evening and SUN afternoon until I found the parts to replace the front end damage and to convert it to the 84-85 front end because it looks better and the parts are cheaper/easier to find( Check the before and after attahment). I played hookie form work MON so I tagged/titled and repaired ALL the front end damage so I could drive it to work today. On to the problem;

I noticed the car idled high when it was cold. When it warmed up it was fine until I touch the gas pedal. Any time Im stopped/coming to a stop, It cuts off unless I hold the gas/left foot brake. Is there an adjustment screw on the carb? If so where is it? Can I adjust it like and old domestic carb or is there anything else I should know?
Another thing, I heard you can do-away with the majority of the vaccum setup on this car. If so, How do I do it? All those vaccum lines are kinda freakin' me out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

PS, For those wondering, the car in the back of PIC#2 is a '66 Malibu (400sb BUILT, full cage, fiberglass front clip/bumpers/trunk, back half coming soon!):D

Attachments

• 87 Civic 002.jpg
    87 Civic 002.jpg
    891.5 KB · Views: 635
  • 87 Civic 001.jpg
    87 Civic 001.jpg
    1,001.2 KB · Views: 862
  • 87 Civic 007.jpg
    87 Civic 007.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 1,286
  • 87 Civic 008.jpg
    87 Civic 008.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 555
Sorry if I don't reply fast. I just moved and havn't had my internet hooked up yet so I'm periodicly checking this thread form my in-laws.

Back