HELP! Ignition output signal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtechkidd

OK heres the deal, i just got my ZC motor put into my 88 honda crx SI. everythings wired up the way it should be according to a few internet sites i have looked at( cam angle sensor, etc) now when i try and start the motor, its tryin to turn over, but theres no spark comin out of the distributor. all fuses are fine, all wires are grounded. i checked my ecu which is the 88-89 acura integra ecu, and im throwin a code 15 ( ignition output signal). i went and changed my distribuor out with another zc distributor, and it still wont start. but that could be that bth motors had bad distrbutors from the beginning. before i go spend 150 bucks on a new distributor, i want to know is there anything else i might need to check. any help would be appreciated. if it elps any, i was having prob with starting before in my old S motor, i would drive the car, and when i parked it wouldnt start, there would be no turning over at all, but i had power, eventually it would crank if i let it sit.

The problem you were originally having with your old motor is caused by the main relay. I'm almost willing to bet it's the same problem, only interpreted differently by the 'teg ecu.

What happens is, when it gets hot, the solder on the main realy board cracks, and signal doesn't pass through. After sitting for awhile, it cools, and will again allow signal. The relay on your car is a little black box, and should be mounted right above your hood release latch. It's up in the dash, so it's a little difficult to access. A 1/4" ratchet, 8" extension, and 10mm swivel should have it out in < 10 mins.

Good luck!

im getting fuel supposedly also, im checkin the relay now. someone was tellin me it could be the crank sensor (not the cam sensor) or just wiring

ok heres thedeal now, im gettin spark and then im losing it. i had spark going to only one wire,andthen i lost all spark, now im throwing a code 9. car sounds like its tryin to fire off but it wont. im trying to avoid having to buy a new distributor cuz its $$. i replaced coils, cap and rotor. please someone help!!! :)

I still say it's the main relay. You can probably pick one up for ~$20. I might even have one laying around....where are you located?

alright, ill try that, does it matter that my fuel pump is turning on? im in atlanta georgia.

the main realy controls power to the fuel pump... that has nothing to do with not getting spark.

i got a crx repair manual and it says (battery terminal connections loose or coroded,ignition components damp or damaged,broken/loose/disconnected wiring in the starting circuit,faulty coil)..good luck bro

i got it firing off now, just wont stay running. my mech thinks its old gas in the fuel rail/system since the motor has been sitting for god knows how long. hopefully i get it solved.

Back