HELP im about to lose my insurance

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so i was going down the interstate about 90mph and flew by a west virginia DOT safety car. Eventually down the road i slow down to the speed limit and out of nowhere a cop pulls out of the median, pulls me over, and he says that the dot car clocked me at 87 and writes me a ticket. Is it even legal/possible for him to do this and if it is how on earth do i fight this, this is my 6th time getting pulled over this year and my fourth actual ticket so if it falls through im fucked someone please help me out

Originally posted by hondaman16lx@Mar 4 2004, 12:03 AM
so i was going down the interstate about 90mph and flew by a west virginia DOT safety car. Eventually down the road i slow down to the speed limit and out of nowhere a cop pulls out of the median, pulls me over, and he says that the dot car clocked me at 87 and writes me a ticket. Is it even legal/possible for him to do this and if it is how on earth do i fight this, this is my 6th time getting pulled over this year and my fourth actual ticket so if it falls through im fucked someone please help me out

Yes. That is the man's job. lol. Request a hearing and offer to take a course in Safe Driving... and slow down dude. West Virginia is full of speed traps. Speeding tickets are an important source of income for them.

You have been pulled over 6 times in the last 2 months. SLOW THE FUCK DOWN. I could see maybe getting twice not learning your elsson after the first time, but 6 times.
Last week I got a field sobriety test on my way home from the bar. I only had two beers, and it had been over an hour since the last beer. I had to do all of the tests. THe cop was pissed because he knew I wasn't drunk, he told to get the fuck out of here, go home. Now I am really careful about my drinking and how long after I drive. I never drive drunk, but now it has me paranoid as shit. Learn from your mistakes.

You get what you deserve. You're fucked. Maybe you'll learn now after you lose your license.

insurance is the last thing i'd be worried about.

you'll probably loose your license for at least 30 days. lol

buy a bike

i wasnt complaining about the cop i know he can write me a ticket but i was asking if he could write me a ticket when he didnt even clock me, the dot person supposedly clocked me

Well, first of all, if you didn't slow down for ANY vehicle on the side of the road, you're an asshole. Second, stating that "out of nowhere a cop pulls out" tells me that you don't pay attention when you drive. So pretty much, fucko, you got it coming. But to answer your question... I'm not even going to answer. Because of your ignorance, I'm going to let you have the ticket. There's an easy way out, but you don't deserve it.

just take your licks, and move on.

i already LEARNEd the hard way that it pays to go slow. i pay $2700 insurance on a $1300 car, because ive had so many tickets.

tuesday, i brought my sister to the ford dealership ~15 miles away from the house to pick up her fukkus (with 30k on it its been back like 5 times). we pull out onto rt 49 back toward my town, and she takes off. i do the speed limit, 55, and shes doing atleast 60. so we get to rt 20, and turn onto fiske hill road. speed 40. i havent seen her for miles. about 1/2way down the road, there she is pulled over by mass state trooper. as i was driving by, i just waved. she got a ticket for 55 in a 40. obviously she thought she was still on rt 49. :roll:

it may be different in WV, but in florida if you go to court you can request the officer to show his radar log proving he clocked you.

if he doesnt show it then case is thrown out.

i dont see how the cop that pulled you over could show his radar log when he isnt the one who clocked you.

but then again the dot guy might show up

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Mar 4 2004, 08:40 AM
Well, first of all, if you didn't slow down for ANY vehicle on the side of the road, you're an asshole. Second, stating that "out of nowhere a cop pulls out" tells me that you don't pay attention when you drive. So pretty much, fucko, you got it coming. But to answer your question... I'm not even going to answer. Because of your ignorance, I'm going to let you have the ticket. There's an easy way out, but you don't deserve it.

god, could you be any more ignorant? the guy comes on here to ask a question and all your sorry self can do is flame him for getting a ticket..i'm also guessing that you've never been anywhere near a west virginia interstate because there are places that cop cars can just pop out of nowhere.. get a life buddy...

anyways, I think you should take it to court..it couldn't hurt, plus in the event the cop and the dot guy both show up, just plead no contest and pay the ticket

Originally posted by Jenz5729+Mar 8 2004, 06:22 AM-->
Loco Honkey
@Mar 4 2004, 08:40 AM
Well, first of all, if you didn't slow down for ANY vehicle on the side of the road, you're an asshole.  Second, stating that "out of nowhere a cop pulls out" tells me that you don't pay attention when you drive.  So pretty much, fucko, you got it coming.  But to answer your question... I'm not even going to answer.  Because of your ignorance, I'm going to let you have the ticket.  There's an easy way out, but you don't deserve it.

god, could you be any more ignorant? the guy comes on here to ask a question and all your sorry self can do is flame him for getting a ticket..i'm also guessing that you've never been anywhere near a west virginia interstate because there are places that cop cars can just pop out of nowhere.. get a life buddy...

anyways, I think you should take it to court..it couldn't hurt, plus in the event the cop and the dot guy both show up, just plead no contest and pay the ticket

Just so you know in advance, you just opened a can of beans that you are not going to want to deal with. Loco will rip you a new butthole for that one. And yes, this guy deserves exactly what he got. Speed on public roads and you will get tickets. It's a fact.

Originally posted by Jeef@Mar 4 2004, 12:13 AM
You have been pulled over 6 times in the last 2 months. SLOW THE FUCK DOWN. I could see maybe getting twice not learning your elsson after the first time, but 6 times.

words cannot describe just how much I agree with Jeef here...

Originally posted by hondaman16lx@Mar 4 2004, 07:09 AM
i wasnt complaining about the cop i know he can write me a ticket but i was asking if he could write me a ticket when he didnt even clock me, the dot person supposedly clocked me

Oh and yes, actually, the DOT person clocking you could have followed you to where the cop pulled you over, inspected your car and given you numerous tickets for any modifcation that could be borderline illegal. You're luck you got just a speeding ticket, but you're still going to have your wallet, and your asshole reemed for this one. Have fun pedaling to work.

Maybe now you'll slow the fucking hell down.

Back