HELP! Im confused! D16Y8 to B16A2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Civic_mike74

I hope you lot can help because ive been getting so much different information.

I have a 96' civic coupe SR which i belive has a D16Y8 and is OBDII, Im not sure what the EJ or EM number is (if anyone could tell me??)
I am most of the way through my engine conversion. I am putting a B16A2 engine and a P30 ECU out of a '94 Civic Hatchback VTi which im told is OBDI. Everything fits apart from the wiring...

I was told that all i would need is a conversion harness that you can get from Skunk2 but others are saying that i will need the full wiring loom from the '94 Civic hatchback VTi. If i get one of those do you think it will work?
Also there are 3 grey wires coming out of the side of the engine which i have no idea where they go??

Any help or information would be greatly appriciated as im carless untill this is sorted!

Thanks
Mike
emsmile.gif

heres the deal my friend.

your current harness will work, it will just have to be modified for the distributor and a few sensors (i dont know which off the top of my head). After that is rewired you can use an OBD2->1 conversion harness to allow the P30 to control it.

the other option is to buy the 94 harness, but there is no guaranteeing how well that harness works with your car.

Both options are valid...i personally recommend the first one.

Back