help in PHP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ovcrash

Maybe not the place to ask all of this, but you guys seem to know some in PHP and your nice people so...

I have a directory full of Jpeg images, i want to make a little PHP, that would take all the jpeg in that directory, make thumbnail with them and show them on a webpage and when i click on the image it shows the big version of it. Kinda like a album.

Anyone has a idea, or php i could use?

thanks alot...

Can't help you exactly, but I know you'd need some sort of serverside software to resize the full size images to display them as thumbnails, else you'll just have the full images loading in a thumbnail space, and that kind of defeats the purpose of thumbnails, bandwidth-wise. There are lots of free open source gallery packages out there that do all the hard stuff for you. Google is your friend.

Originally posted by sisteve@Jan 20 2004, 03:08 PM
do you have photoshop?

^-- That too. :)

Make your own thumbnails, make the gallery in html, and forget PHP. :)

I know that would be easy, but th problem is that the image gallery change often so doing it on html would take hella long time...

that's why i want something in php...

you can make a scalar of the image... but its not going to save any DL time. the images are still going to be full file size.

if you have GD2.0 or higher on your server... you can upload them much like our gallery does, and auto creates a thumbnail using GD's imagecreatetruecolor() function.

but if they are already uploaded via FTP, it really will be a bitch to resize the images on DOWNLOAD. it would be really slow...

Back