Help installing an intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Skiefer

I was wondering... What is the difference between the intakes on ebay that are like 18 dollars and the ones that are close to 200? Also when installing them I noticed that there are 2 hoses going into the stock intake and there is only one place to plug a hose into on the aftermarket ones, how do I go about hooking that up. I know this probably sounds like a really stupid question but I don't want to mess something up or set off a check engine light by not having something hooked up properly. Please help me!

There isn't much of a difference at all. Seriously, you might gain one extra horsepower from a 200 intake. Is it really worth the extra money? In any case, the type and manufacturer of the filter itself is what's going to make the most difference. Spend extra and get a nice K&N filter, and then an eBay pipe.

Hmm.. Yeah, as soon as I get my digital camera I get some pics of it. Does anyone know exactly what the hoses go to? I don't want to mess something up by not having something hooked up.

They are probably vapor return lines, ventilation tied into the air intake to reduce emmisions. Not a expert on accords, but AEM or Fujita make a sweet intake. You do pay for the name, but the quality is much better also.

there can be a difference in the install however. On my 99 Civic SI my AEMV2 cold air required yo to change the mount on the tranny. It wasn't hard but it was different. This is due to the sheer diameter of the V2 Cold Air. IMO it got me quite a bit more then some $40 ebay special, that thing was crazy. But as with all cold air when it rains ur phucked

I'd say that the high dollar intakes have a MUCH nicer bypass valve to prevent water suction. My Ebay intake was fine, but the bypass was more like an inline filter than a valve. K+N filter, good bypass, and whatever tubing you find= Teh winner.

Nah, screw "cold air" intake, just get a short ram with a K&N filter on it. When driving down the road you still get the cold air, and you don't have to worry about drowning your motor.

Most of the power added is due to reduced drag in the intake and the higher flowing filter, which makes the engine inhale alot easier. The cold air is a very small bonus.

Back