HELP ls crank gsr rods itr pistons gsr block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94_gs-r

can you say 260 whp N/A??
i am currently doing a build on my gsr block. basically all i need to know is that if i take my gsr block and put an ls crankshaft on it i have a lager stroke do i need shorter rods or can i use my gsr rods. the only thing i am worried about is that since the gsr crank is smaller and ls is larger and the gsr crank makes the pistons flush with the deck if i use an ls crank and my gsr rods in my gsr block and put itr pistons in it will they come out the top of the block, do i need custom shorter rods? i dont want my piston to hit the head, or will this be fine and i can put it together no worries..

If you use the LS crank, use the LS rods. Your compression with the same pistons will be slightly higher with the LS crank/rods than with the GSR crank/rods.

the only reason im wondering about my gsr rods is because with itr pistons and the ls crank i dont want anything higher then a 12:1 cr but your saying if i stuck with ls rods and crank and itr pistons i will get a higher cr then i would with ls crank gsr rods itr pistons?
my main worrie is i dont want the piston to extend past the deck of the block

Yes. The B18C1 block is the same height as the B18A/B blocks.... same height as the B20B/Z blocks too. I used a B18B crank in my B18C block and everything was fine- you just have to use the shorter B18B rods to match. Lots of people do it.

what could go wrong with the rods or is it just the compression wont be as high. i have a friend also thats trying to do it will the rods not work? sorry for all the questions he keeps bothing me about it

The compression will be higher with the GSR rods, and depending on the pistons, they might stick out the top of the bore and slam into the top of the combustion chamber. The GSR rod is .9mm longer than the LS rod.

im going with a set of itr pistons at .20 overbore so i can shave the block a bit, has lots of miles, that was my basic question, if i use gsr rods with that crank will they peak out the block? if so ls rods will work correct?

actually all b18c and b16b blocks are about .55mm taller then the b18a/b or b20b/z blocks, but yea like calesta said ls rods ls crank, gsr rods gsr crank

thanks. only reason i was asking its because i heard ls rods were weak, ill just get them bead blasted and balanced along with the crank

jdm b18c need help with crank&rods

i have a jdm b18c, it spun the rod berings,so id like to put in aftermarket crank&rods,crower has the stroker kits but there 2 grand. id like to go a lil cheaper, peice parts togather.could i drop in ls rods and crank? or gsr? or type R? or even stock jdm type r? i dont know what way 2 start. the forum waz helpfull but 1 guy said the b18c and b16b blocks are about .55mm taller then the b18a/b or b20b/z blocks, but are they the same hight as the b18c1 and or b18c5? thanks//

i have a b18c1 just rebuilt i used LS crank GSR rods P-73 pistons Used a Cometic .051 thick head gasket because the pistons were .018 out of the block Have put 1200 miles on it and it pulls awesome it does have alittle too high comp.though 220psi have been running 91 octane and 30 oz of toulene per. 10 gals of fuel

Just dyno ran 05-01-2010 the frankenstein had 188 WHP running rich going to lean it out on the next dyno and should gain 10-12 hp.( also picked up a APEXi tuner that am going to add).....................

you need LS bearings, GSR bearings wont fit unless you re tang the large ends of the rods.

You still can't, or rather don't want to use them; GSR/ITR bearings are narrower. Might run into oil pressure issues.

Back