help me?? b18a1 with b16 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

s45012j

88crx si b18a spray
ok so i have an ls swapped 88 crx si. i am picking up a 2000 b16 long block, and want to make me some ls vtec..... i am not sure what else i need, i have the head gasket and studs for b16 cause it was in the plan when i bought parts. i am not sure what else i am going to need, and i want to have my car street ready!!!! any help will be appreiciated. the crx is runnin obd0 right now, i know i am gonna have to do some wiring myself, not scared..... i am not sure what ecu i need/ harness.... should i get the engine harness from the civic i am getting the b16 outta?? lol im kinda lost

use the obd-1 b16 ecu,and get the obd1 jumper harness from rywire....
do some research while your at it,because you dont sound like you have a clue what to do,and starting projects without the know-how,absolutely sucks

you need the vtec oil/water pump, i've never done ls/vtec but i planed on it and got a list of shit and thats what i remember that i wouldm't expect most people to know

okay first of all do some research... i did almost 2 months of it before i started buying anything. get either a gsr or type r oil pump.. b16 ones are junk. but be careful on the gsr oil pump most of them are pretty much as a ls oil pump. whatever water pump u go with use that timing belt. but if u use a b16 one use a gsr timing belt. if u plan on being rev happy. swap out the ls rod bolts.. for arp.. its totally worth the 60 bucks. plus get rid of the ls pistons.. if ur going boost then it will be fine but not for extremely high boost.. but n/a get some b16, tyoe r, or ctr, gsr pistons are just like ls pistons, then i would rebuild the block. all new bearings and seals. get everything cleaned, honed etc. get the GE ls/vtec kit it will save u tons of time and money... takes like 20 min to instal.. real easy... if u need anymore help
just ask me cuz im tired of typin right now...lol... but u should do some research it would help..

also u dont need that harness. get the jumper harness. go with a p28 ecu. get it chipped a tuned... if this is ur first swap.. i wouldnt recomend doing ls/vtec... if buildt right it will tear.. trust me..

my motor is already built.... bored .020 over with ross racing pistons and eagle rods. i am gonna get the ecu for the b16. i wasnt planning on needing a new oil pump so now i am going to but one. i have done alot of research already, but wanted to do a final before i mess anything up.....

i have been driving the LS swapped crx for almost a year now, and did all the work myself, but i have never had vtec or had to deal with it... i know ls vtec will tear, and thats y i want it

okay.. thats a good start then.. get the golden eagle vtec kit. comes with the head gasket u need . ls one not a b16 head gasket.. all the fittings pretty much everything.. ebay has them for like $220.. then convert it too obd-1 and get it tuned, and call it a day

ARP head studs (GSR), you can use the ls oil pump but it is highly recommended you upgrade to the gsr oil pump. 1996+ integra oil pumps are all the same part number whether itr or ls... gsr water pump (22-teeth), a gsr timing belt, new tensioner and the ls-vtec conversion kit. Go obd0-obd1 and have it tuned on crome or hondata. Big thing when ordering your ls-vtec kit, is letting them know your exact bore size so the HG (which is based off an ls), is modified not only for the new dowel pin locations and dowels, it also matches the bore of the cylinders.

thx guys..... i should be doing it when the weather is nice...... still huggin a driveway for now

Back