Help me before i kill myself.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you have done it the right way from what you have said in all your posts , maybe somebody shorted your ecu , and that the problem , your stock ecu should fire the car up , have you tried it ?

yeah ive been wanting to tear mt fucking face off today,

ok so ill just transfer the crank sensor plug from my non vtec d16y7 and slap it into the y8. then use the iacv round 2 wire plug i have, and splice it right in?

but that makes me wonder, how did the mechanic get the harness from my y7 to fit on the EX motor????????????? the crank sensor plug i mean

can i use my y7 ecu after doing the iacv fix???

because i swapped the wire from a14 to a12 and removed a13 completly for the fix.

cars run with bad iacv , just usally very badly , but should let you test fuel and spark , its not ideal , but its a few minutes work to see if your ecu is the problem

so if its my ecu, ill be doing the 2 wire to a 3 wire so i can run my DX computer.

i just hope i wont fuck my motor over from doing this. i know dx's use 190cc injectors but ill have 240's in there from the y8.

rarrrrr

also i never wired the knock sensor but i dont think that wouldnt do all this

and why cant i hear my fuel pump prime?

i would only do this to see if its the ecus bad , on the spark and fuel issue , even if it runs i wouldn't try to dive it , i normanlly run stand alone ecu's so i an not totally up on the stock wirring changes .

ok. well if i would put the old throttle body on and do it back to the 3 wire i could drive it home and it would run the y7's ecu maps right?

in theroy yes , but as you said the difference in injectors sizes , would cause me concern , if it works and you drive , drive i very slow , i really only suggested you try it to see if your ecu is bad , the only changes between wiring arethe iavc , add vtec wirring . and add knock sensor , and and ckf sensor correct

so how do i install the crank sensor? does it just screw in? pretty simple?

ill do that and then swap it back to 3 wire and see if it works with the y7 ecu first tho. and then drive it home real slow

Back