Help me brainstorm!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nykole0408

Okay everyone. I need some help. As you all know I'm the President of a car club here in Mississippi. We are getting geared up to start planning our 3rd annual car, truck, and bike show to raise money for Make A Wish. The past 2 years have been a success- so we are trying to go a little bigger this year. I need to come up with a name for the show this year! We don't want to call it the "3rd annual car truck and bike show" hosted by Inertia Car Club. It's boring, and we are tired of using it lol.

Anyone want to help me? :D

Please?

Edit: If someone lists a show name- "like" it, so that way I can see new ideas and also get votes kinda at the same time. :)

i dunno about a name but you should have a car crush

just find a junkyard willing to donate a few scrap cars for their name being advertised
and then find some of those back woods MS people with rock crawling trucks to come run shit over

its a big draw at the local car show I attend every year
who doesn't love trucks driving over cars
just make sure the guys know what the fuck they're doing and that someone has a winch cause someone will always get stuck

^insurance nightmare. This is supposed to be a fund raiser, so spending out on things like that probably won't help.

sitting/parking/shows are easy. moving = $$$$$$$$$

How about,

The 3rd annual "Make Inertia" show
---------------------------------------
Hosted by Inertia Car Club
to Benefit the Make a Wish Foundation

"Tits for Tots"

strippers and car models raising funds for make a wish....

i dunno about a name but you should have a car crush

just find a junkyard willing to donate a few scrap cars for their name being advertised
and then find some of those back woods MS people with rock crawling trucks to come run shit over

its a big draw at the local car show I attend every year
who doesn't love trucks driving over cars
just make sure the guys know what the fuck they're doing and that someone has a winch cause someone will always get stuck

We wanted to do this last year, but the liability insurance for it is crazy. I have been to some shows where they charge a dollar for 3 hits and make mega bucks for charity. But yeah- the out of pocket cost is too much for us. We already have to foot the cost of almost the entire show because we only have one sponsor right now.
However- it IS a hell of a good idea! :D

"Tits for Tots"

Lol :lmao: Good one.

Won't fly in south Mississippi though. We just got a Hooters last month in Hattiesburg cause last time they tried people petitioned it out. LAME :thumbsdown:

^insurance nightmare. This is supposed to be a fund raiser, so spending out on things like that probably won't help.

sitting/parking/shows are easy. moving = $$$$$$$$$

How about,

The 3rd annual "Make Inertia" show
---------------------------------------
Hosted by Inertia Car Club
to Benefit the Make a Wish Foundation

Good one

"Tits for Tots"

just to quote myself, this is one hell of an idea. i could donate to your cause, and i could have my own wishes fulfilled. everybody turns out happy with this one. ^_^

just to quote myself, this is one hell of an idea. i could donate to your cause, and i could have my own wishes fulfilled. everybody turns out happy with this one. ^_^

Lol yeah the guys in the club would LOVE your idea. And the awesome thing about it is that the chicks in the club would support it too lol. It's just the "family spectators", and the venue... blah

How big is your club and when is the event?

Ours just hosted its 10th annual toy run and it takes all year to plan, raise money and sponsorships. Pretty much the samething with football and I suppose most everything.
Sponsorships are the biggest help, we have a letter than we print every year to tell potential sponsors about the childrens homes and the what our purpose is and pass out and proposition businesses. This year was a big deal since it was the 10th annual and luckily a lot of other car/truck clubs here in DFW decided to help out and they all pitched in. Are there other clubs around that you could ask if they would like to be apart of the car/truck show?

How big is your club and when is the event?

Ours just hosted its 10th annual toy run and it takes all year to plan, raise money and sponsorships. Pretty much the samething with football and I suppose most everything.
Sponsorships are the biggest help, we have a letter than we print every year to tell potential sponsors about the childrens homes and the what our purpose is and pass out and proposition businesses. This year was a big deal since it was the 10th annual and luckily a lot of other car/truck clubs here in DFW decided to help out and they all pitched in. Are there other clubs around that you could ask if they would like to be apart of the car/truck show?

We have 20 vehicles. It's April 30th, 2011. I have a letter typed out with our budget on the back all professional looking and stuff- perks of working in an office all day and having to mail out official type paper work all the time lol. I have mailed and emailed them out by the dozens so hopefully we will hear something back from someone. There aren't really any other clubs around that do the import thing- even though we have more than just imports in our club we seem to be categorized that way automatically. We are trying really hard to get one of the classic car clubs to work with us little this year but so far no word on that yet...

Like I said- we have had great participant and spectator support the last 2 years. I don't really expect any less- weather permitting. That's our biggest challenge is rain. It almost crapped us last year, but the sun finally came out about 10am and people started showing up.

you should do a part swap section. allow people to pay $10-$20 to set up a parts booth/trunk/table and pawn their shit. every time i go to nissan and honda events, 20 people show up slinging parts. might help cover the overhead.

Wow I actually really like that idea! Ill have to pass that along :)

Spectator support sounds like its good. Im thinking you just need to get a little creative with event ideas.
Im drawing a blank as far as names... yours is a little hard to work with.
Maybe something with Spring? :shrug2:

Wow I actually really like that idea! Ill have to pass that along :)

Spectator support sounds like its good. Im thinking you just need to get a little creative with event ideas.
Im drawing a blank as far as names... yours is a little hard to work with.
Maybe something with Spring? :shrug2:

Yeah, maybe something with Spring in it would be good. One of our members suggested Domestic Disturbance but I think there is a club named that... It didn't get very much attention from the rest of the members either... Something random would even work. We went to a local show last year called Fahrenheit 2010- I thought that was a cool name. I'm just not that creative...

Slam-O-Rama

you should go to the following sites to promote your show:
- dropndrag.com
- streetsourcemag.com

contact the following places as well to cover it:
- dropjawmag.com
- underground-scene.com
- gaugemagazine.com

places to ask for sponsorship:
- dropemwear.com
- suicidedoors.com

hope some of this info helps ya out. also you may wanna contact some magazines as well to cover it. good luck.

Slam-O-Rama

you should go to the following sites to promote your show:
- dropndrag.com
- streetsourcemag.com

contact the following places as well to cover it:
- dropjawmag.com
- underground-scene.com
- gaugemagazine.com

places to ask for sponsorship:
- dropemwear.com
- suicidedoors.com

hope some of this info helps ya out. also you may wanna contact some magazines as well to cover it. good luck.

Thanks. :)
I put our last show on Gauge Mag, and talked to a guys from DropJaw and DropEm Wear at Scrapin The Coast last year and got his contact info, so those are 2 I am planning on using. I will definately go look at the others you have listed as well. Also I don't live far from Picayune, MS where House of Kolor is so I am going to go hit them up as well.

no problem. glad i could help some. HOK would be a great place to ask. you could also try Summit Racing as well as JEGS too. maybe you could get them to donate stuff for goodie bags. also try some local car stereo shops, auto parts places (Advance Auto, Auto Zone..etc.), sign shops and some type of food place (probably one of the most important things to have at a show...lol).

just throwing this out there.....my dad owns his own fundraising company...if your looking for a good way to make money you can check out his website. He's beeing doing for about 30 years and has worked with almost every school in CT along with little leagues, churches etc...
http://profundraising.com/

Back