help me build my beast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trevorsevoviii

ok well im selling my evo do to some financial issues, i dont feel like paying 1000 a month for the next 4 years lol. so anyways in a few months i think im gonna pick up a 95 civic hatch and start my build. i want a bad ass ride. im going to have another car for my daily driver so i want this thing to be abeast. still streetable but a beast. what i need to know is what do i need. i want the car to be reliable, i dont wanna cut corners and have stuff break all the time, at the same time i dont wanna waste money either. so what all do i need and what would be the best motor and turbo choice for what im looking for. my evo runs very low elevens and i would like my civic im building to be close to that. how much will it cost me to get a car there reliably. can i do it for 10k. let me know whats up guys. all help is very much appreciated. you guys are gonna be a huge part of my build.-travis

high performance honda builders handbook volume 1, by joe pettitt. if you dont really know what kind of stuff you should be thinking about when it comes to a project car then this book is a great place to start.

thanks man yeah i know everything there is to know about evos and i know my fair share about hondas/ acuras but i wanna make sure i do this right and start planning everything out

hmmmmm.. are you thinking 10k with the car or 10k to spend after you buy the car? your questions are very broad.. you probably gunna want a gsr.. sleeve it and i say run 10:1 compression.. with forged rods and pistons.. you could probably keep the head pretty stock.. or get a p&p and maybe some crower cams.. then for a turbo i would say a t3/t4 turbo running a good amount of boost might get you there.. then for trans your prolly gunna need lsd to get that power down on the ground..and a good clutch.. that will most likely get you in the 11's.. i think you need to do allooottt of research and narrow your questions down, there are plenty of ppl on here that will help out alot.. good luck and good choice getting rid of the evo:thumbsup:

Back