Help me buy a new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7 said:
way to miss his limit by about $14K
So buy an older one...

I'd also consider looking at some Lexuses. My bosses late 90's ls300 was fun to drive, classy, and not too pricey. It's certainly no STi, but it will get great gas mileage and probably the lightest feeling lexus I've driven. Or maybe an sc300 5 speed. :) That is the lexus I want.

we currently at my fathers car lot have an 02 honda accord ex, leather, roof, completely loaded with 48k on the ticker for around 10.8k very nice car and a lil classier than the civic and still gets good mielage with tha vtak yo! oh also its a rare 5 speed, we are the second owners and know the previous owners. the woman ordered it from honda with a five speed. quite possibly the only newer accord ex loaded that ive ever seen with a stick. also color is silver.

Last edited:
I'd look into a 2001-2002 VW Passat. You can easily find them under $10K and it would be enough for a daily driver. FWD, 1.8T (with ok power), mid to upper 20s MPG and has more class than an econobox.

04 Nissan Sentr SE-R Spec V

Black w/the 6 speed
22k miles

$9900/best offer

I PM'd you the phone number

I won't be working from home for a couple months at least. I'll probably end up just sticking it out. But, I am looking.

drive1, where is your dad's lot:?
TSX is way out of my price range.
not much of a lexus fan, and 99.3421432% of them are automatics anyway. The odds of finding one in a stick isn't worth my time.
The new SER is a POS. Thanks, but no thanks. I don't think i'd pay 500 bucks for one.

pissedoffsol said:
I have a real fun drive on the way to work. I hit 140 3 times this morning, and had many miles over 100 :) I NEED to have a decent car or I'm going to regret the drive even more. It's fun when you turn it into an adventure :) and the roads i take to get there are not too popualted in the morning and open up here and there with no traffic and i haven't seen a cop yet :)

I've shaken the magic 8 ball and I see an answer that involes no money at all. Slow the fuck down. :lol If you drive at a moderate pace like say under 80 you probably won't burn 1/4 tank of gas in each direction. I understand the fun that can be had on nice open roads but all you need to do is reduce the speed and start saving gas.

CRX-YEM said:
I've shaken the magic 8 ball and I see an answer that involes no money at all. Slow the fuck down. :lol If you drive at a moderate pace like say under 80 you probably won't burn 1/4 tank of gas in each direction. I understand the fun that can be had on nice open roads but all you need to do is reduce the speed and start saving gas.

Buy an accessport, put the car in economy mode.

Commute.

All better.

Just don't fry your ECU while remapping your ECU, because your battery is low and kills the comp in the middle of the transfer, like I did. :)

If you want fast and good gas milage then a bike is perfect, but if you dont want a motorcycle and you dont want an econo box, american car, etc id say check out some saab's, my gf's mom and brother have been drivin theirs forever and they love them, not too bad of a car in my opinion just for driving to work in. Kinda classy, comfortable, good gas milage, cheap on insurance.

as a WRX owner, I feel the pain of shit gas economy. I drive the 2.0 like a grandmother and it gets 23 mpg if I'm on the highway most of the time.

1i looked into saab's, but i was talked out of it. their mileage isn't what its cracked up to be i guess...

hmm, they seem to get alot better gas milage than most other "luxury" type cars, but i guess it depends on who you talk to.

A Saab shouldn't be considered a luxury car. It's just a common ground car.

The Turbo Saabs are always on or off. They take a long time to spool and they beat the hell out of the engines. Ever see a Turbo Saab with over 100,000 ? Didn't think so.

He would hate a Supra, and would proceed to beat on it until it was trash. I would bury his body in Vermont. It would be messy.

Some people just don't belong in Supras. In fact, most don't.

see, all these ideas and nothing is good enough. i told you your ass was picky. :lol:

how about an audi A4. AWD turbo, 4 doors (good room),20-30 mpg, and you can get a 2000 for under 10k.

i'm out of ideas.

V6 Accord, but those are only auto correct?

Late 90's 3 Series BMW. Mid 90's M3. You always wanted a M3 and this would be a sensible way into a used M3. Screw the mileage if its going to be your daily driver, they're tanks and will go forever.

A A4 or A6 isn't a bad idea, but electronic gremlins and maintenance will be worse than the STi.

hosmer said:
04 Nissan Sentr SE-R Spec V

Black w/the 6 speed
22k miles

$9900/best offer

I PM'd you the phone number
i have the same car... and w/out driving it hard i only get about 24mpg mixed hwy/city. if i get on it it dips down into the teens... :(

Back