Help me buy a new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it's not a matter of not affording it..... it's a matter of not wanting to spend it. fuck arabia :)

civic... i grew out of 'em. I don't think I see myself owning another one. I'm 26, a business professional... and I want to have "some" class when i roll up to a clients office. it's like Michael Bolton driving the beater.... lol

From your posts on page one....

I've got an 89 Rex that gets 48 mpg. Completely stock, even has a/c. And it's definitely fun to drive.

I vote a lexus is 300. Good enough mpg for what you are wanting but still has a little power to play with and should be classy enough for any client you have (I wouldn't bitch about riding in one anyways). You'll probably spend more than 10k but I bet you could get in one for 12k with around 80k miles and a manual trans.

skillz2k5 said:
I vote a lexus is 300. Good enough mpg for what you are wanting but still has a little power to play with and should be classy enough for any client you have (I wouldn't bitch about riding in one anyways). You'll probably spend more than 10k but I bet you could get in one for 12k with around 80k miles and a manual trans.

IS300s can get in the 15ish range but only with high miles in a weird ass part of the country.

Maryland, you're lucky to find one for 20K on top of that its almost ALWAYS an auto.

B needs to stop wanting something worth while and just buy a beater.

Maybe a mid 90s Legend.hard to find them with sticks but they're out there...

yeah, passed on that civic... its in new york, not ct as advertised. i don't have time to go through inspection (out of state vehicles need it... in state transfers don't) so i'd like to buy something titled in CT.

the hunt for red october continues :)

driving an auto completely destroys one of the main goals of this quest... a fun car...

hey B, you got a link to that civic you were looking at thats in NY?
ever think about a prelude? H23 or SOHC?

and how would people appreciate an auto over a stick? you must suck at driving and shifting.

pissedoffsol said:
yeah, passed on that civic... its in new york, not ct as advertised. i don't have time to go through inspection (out of state vehicles need it... in state transfers don't) so i'd like to buy something titled in CT.

the hunt for red october continues :)

all they need is emmissions thats it. they do a vin verifcation there. if your at all interested i will tow it back for you for the price of gas or something.

Last edited:
yeah, i just don't have time for that crap. he listed it in bristol. I thought it would be a simple go to the dmv on my lunch break thing...
now, i need to go get temp plates and crap to drive it to the dmv for the vin check and what not. plus, its throwing a code, so i'd have to fix that before i even brought it...
it ends up not being worth my time. if it was in town, i'd just drive it home illegally (carefully with insurance on it, just not reg'ed yet) and go to the dmv in the sti to get plates. nice and easy. but its not, so he's not getting my money. and the body has some marks on it, cracked dash, nt450 shitters, and it needs an exhaust and its throwing a cel (i'm gussing 2ndary o2). maybe if it was 1500. but not for 3800 b/o.

understandble. i picked mine up in better shape for 1500 but that was in maine, and i dont work so i have alittle time on my hands lol.

Back