Help me choose a turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92hatchback

I have a 92 cx that I'm going to put a b16 into. I am trying to decide what turbo, a/r and trim I want. I'm looking at putting in the t3/t04e but just don't know what trim I want. I would also like a simplified explanation of the difference between a/r and trim. I am looking to put down a max of 350-400whp. I will be happy with over 300. I don't want to have to boost anymore than about 15psi.

Which turbo trim is going to spool up the fastest for my goals? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I plan on going with forged rods and probably 9:0 pistons. Do my goals sound reasonable with proper tuning?

Thanks,

Eric

Do my goals sound reasonable with proper tuning?

The sleeves can't handle it, so NO.

Buy my turbo, its a Ta34 came from a VW/Audi but uses all T3 components (uses the T3 manifold as well). It's a tad bit smaller, but it could get you above 250 whp.

it's from an older model, I know its from a VW/Audi cause it says it right on the tag. It was rebuilt as well, I was going to use it on my LS swapped hatch, but it's gone, and I'd rather use a k27 on the porsche

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 8 2004, 09:10 PM
The sleeves can't handle it, so NO.

i wouldn't say that either...

there's plenty of 400 whp blocks on stock sleeves out there.

its just a huge risk factor. initial cost, or damage later with greater cost, or fine for as logn as you own the car. that's up to you to decide.

me personally, i wouldn't go for more than 275whp on stock sleeves in a daily driver, and no more than 325 on a secondary fun car. other's do- some sucessfully, some blow up in a month.

on a b16, you're going to want a small trim exhaust... .63 max or you're never going to spool it. you will have more fun with a .48, but you might not reach your peak power goal.

i'd most likely go with a precsion sc 50 with the .48 for a street car. if you're buildign a drag car... the b16 is the first thing i'd chage, so im not going to get into that :)

http://www.precisionte.com/sportcompact.php

and the ta34 sucks. stop trying to sell shit in the tech forums too. there's a classifieds forum for that.

Thanks for the advise. My reason for the b16 is the fact that is is a cheap vtec. I can build the block for the price that it will cost for a gsr or a ls/vtec. Another question... what do you think it would take to get the car into 11's? Will stock sleeves on the ls engine be reliable for 300whp? I've heard of quite a few people make 300whp with stock sleeves on a b16, but thanks for your input as well.

its easy to hit 11s. all it takes is a lot of money and a driver who knows what to do.

ls vs b16 sleeves are prety much the same damn thing.

Back